What sketches scared you as a kid?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
But I forget if I said This one Scared the heck out of me... that horrible organ music.... and it took forever to end. I remember one time I hid in the other room until it was over.
Aw man! I used to love this clip! I used to hum that music and the number music all the time!

Kiki

Reaction score
There was this sketch with this dude... uhh... the Muppet who was like Vincent Price- Vincent Twice, wasn't it? It might've been him, yeah, I think so. I think it was the Mysterious Theatre sketches. I mean, I haven't seen 'em fer over 10 years but if I remember rightly they were kinda freaky-deaky.

But then there's Harvey Kneeslapper..

OldSchoolFan

Reaction score
There was this sketch with this dude... uhh... the Muppet who was like Vincent Price- Vincent Twice, wasn't it? It might've been him, yeah, I think so. I think it was the Mysterious Theatre sketches. I mean, I haven't seen 'em fer over 10 years but if I remember rightly they were kinda freaky-deaky.

But then there's Harvey Kneeslapper..
Vincent Twice was definitley frightening, even now when i look back on them.

Kiki

Reaction score
Agreed! I remember them just having this really scary vibe, quite a dark tone for a show that was supposed to be aimed at young kids, I should look up some sketches on Youtube, if it works. Haven't seen 'em in AGES.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Agreed! I remember them just having this really scary vibe, quite a dark tone for a show that was supposed to be aimed for young kids, I should look up some sketches on Youtube, if it works. Haven't seen 'em in AGES.
I always knew as a kid that part of watching Sesame Street was occasionally getting scared to death, lol. I don't think adults quite remember how children perceive the world when they create things sometimes, lol. Still, somehow I always kept watching, because the good parts outweighed everything else. And I learned to face my fears. :smile:

Kiki

Reaction score
I always knew as a kid that part of watching Sesame Street was occasionally getting scared to death, lol. I don't think adults quite remember how children perceive the world when they create things sometimes, lol. Still, somehow I always kept watching, because the good parts outweighed everything else. And I learned to face my fears. :smile:
Yeah, I was the same. Still am. I think it's a great thing to face your fears, it can help you conquer them, too. Yeah, but those Vincent Twice ("...Vincent twice") sketches were quite scary,I also remember seeing an ilustration of a woman dressed in black which was on SS before a sketch, perhapes before on of the Mysterious Theatre ones. It creeped me out. :embarrassed:

wiley207

Reaction score
Yeah, I was the same. Still am. I think it's a great thing to face your fears, it can help you conquer them, too. Yeah, but those Vincent Twice ("...Vincent twice") sketches were quite scary,I also remember seeing an ilustration of a woman dressed in black which was on SS before a sketch, perhapes before on of the Mysterious Theatre ones. It creeped me out. :embarrassed:
Yes, that was the intro to Mysterious Theater. It was parodying the scene in the real "Mystery!" intro at the :10 mark in this clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAmGsM4Dids

As a kid I thought the "Mysterious Theater" intro was a little freaky, but I wasn't scared of Vincent Twice though. I only remember seeing two Mysterious Theater sketches when I was little ("Circle Search" and "The Missing Toast") but I often saw those two. I especially remember the "Missing Toast" one because of the surprise ending with Vincent Twice being the culprit! The segments mainly starred Sherlock Hemlock and his dog Watson. They were produced from 1989 to 1992, and continued to be rerun until 1999, when Sherlock Hemlock practically faded into obscurity. :sympathy:

I am currently using Mysterious Theater in a fanfic I am still working on, entitled "The Sesame Street Horror Special"

Kiki

Reaction score
Hey, that's the one! I looked it up on Yotube... "The Case of the Missing Toast", maaan... I thought I imagined the lady dressed in black, in a nightmare or something when I was little! :eek: Yeah, Vincent Twice was actually a pretty cool character looking back, but it even has eerie music... and the intro is perty darn scary, too. Man, I haven't seen that for over a decade!

Oh, and I'm looking forward to reading your fan-fic. :smile:

wiley207

Reaction score
Hey, that's the one! I looked it up on Yotube... "The Case of the Missing Toast", maaan... I thought I imagined the lady dressed in black, in a nightmare or something when I was little! :eek: Yeah, Vincent Twice was actually a pretty cool character looking back, but it even has eerie music... and the intro is perty darn scary, too. Man, I haven't seen that for over a decade!

Oh, and I'm looking forward to reading your fan-fic. :smile:
Here is the link to Part 1...

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=31456

And as far as the music goes, yes, I agree it is rather eerie-sounding music, but it's tame compared to the music in THIS skit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xunXQPEcoHM

That is possibly the creepiest music I've ever heard on Sesame Street! Another eerie-sounding music piece I remember was some of the music that played during the fire scene in the 2002 episode with the fir at Mr. Hooper's store. It was almost as freaky as the Mysterious Theater theme music, IMO, but nowhere as scary as the music in that old Count von Count skit!