What sketches scared you as a kid?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
above all, "The Word is No" freaked the crap out of me when I was little. It made me not want to watch SS ever again until my parents FORCED me to to attempt to get me over that fear. It worked, but I haven't mustered up the courage to watch that segment again.
Odd. I loved that song, despite the meaning behind it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
for a brief period of time when i was very young Cookie scared me because I thought he would jump out of the TV and eat me (because he ate other things besides real food)
Only time he ever ate someone was the time he couldn't remember the word "pie" and only remembered "something delicious that rhymed with buy," and he chased guy. Though I could see that 1969-1971 Cookie would probably be unnerving, since he spoke in a more droning voice and had a serious cookie obsession.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
At least back then, he was more true to his nature. XD

Drtooth

Reaction score
That "yes" did sound like a dangerous maniac; I can easily imagine some kindergarten kid getting nightmares from the cartoon. Then again, kids were used to some pretty creepy stuff on TV back in the 70s!

Dangerous Maniac? Well... it does have some creepy sexual connotations to it, somehow. Just the way it says yes... Like it wants to do something bad to that guy! Plus, it doesn't even say what Yes means....

ISNorden

Reaction score
Dangerous Maniac? Well... it does have some creepy sexual connotations to it, somehow. Just the way it says yes... Like it wants to do something bad to that guy! Plus, it doesn't even say what Yes means....
True; some kid may get the idea that "yes" is some kind of warning, like "danger" or "I'm gonna get you". :concern: Not a very good lesson!

ISNorden

Reaction score
Same for "No" too.
Sometimes "no" IS a warning to kids that age--when Mom feels it's too urgent to say "don't touch that" or "don't go in there". I have a hard time imagining anyone using "yes" in a similar context, though!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Sometimes "no" IS a warning to kids that age--when Mom feels it's too urgent to say "don't touch that" or "don't go in there". I have a hard time imagining anyone using "yes" in a similar context, though!
It depends on the context within which the words are used.