What sketches scared you as a kid?

ISNorden

Reaction score
:embarrassed: Oops! Sorry that my wording wasn't clear enough; since I was discussing how CTW could've handled divorce differently, I counted only the two married couples on the street. (Bob and Linda couldn't divorce either, of course, because there was no marriage to break up... :wink:)

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I agree that they could have tacked or done it differently.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Bob and Linda never really made it official as a couple. They probably didn't even know, hehe.
But they made it evident in things like Sesame Street Celebrates Around the World.

jlefish38

Reaction score
The Count

Oh man! I remember when i was about 5 or 6 being scared to death of Count von Count. I think it had to do with that monocle. :eek:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Me, I think Count scared people more when he had a creepy laugh & hypnotic powers.

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
for a brief period of time when i was very young Cookie scared me because I thought he would jump out of the TV and eat me (because he ate other things besides real food)...now he's my favorite Muppet, hence my username :wink:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But how could a Muppet eat a real human being?

1. The Muppets--or most, anyway--don't have teeth (sans characters like Frazzle).
2. The Muppets acknowledge that they're being handled by people (ex: in the tribute to Jim, The Muppets show us The Workshop under The Muppet Show stage).

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I know. I am talking about nowadays or even back in the days of TMS when Muppet monsters did try to eat some of the human guest stars. How's that even possible, given the above?

But back to scary sketches...Many seem to be afraid of Frazzle when they first see him.

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
above all, "The Word is No" freaked the crap out of me when I was little. It made me not want to watch SS ever again until my parents FORCED me to to attempt to get me over that fear. It worked, but I haven't mustered up the courage to watch that segment again.