What sketches scared you as a kid?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The Exit song by Chrissy & The Alphabets scraed me a bit at the end when he couldn't find his way out and was yelling help.

Now I just laugh at it when I think how silly it was for him to sing a song about knowing out to get out of a building and and the end didn't know how to get out himself.

Hope that buling wasn't slated for demolition.

Couldn't resist that.
Lol, I hear you! Yeah even the seemingly harmless songs were a little unnerving because they could be so fast paced and urgent. And they would end in a not so typical way like a guy alone yelling for help in an echo filled room, lol.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Lol, I hear you! Yeah even the seemingly harmless songs were a little unnerving because they could be so fast paced and urgent.
It's not really the pace of the song, but the way the song was interpreted.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, according to you, the Snuffy divorce episode aired in your area, huh? Depending on where you live, someone could've snuck a bootleg copy of it and put it on the air.

Well, I wouldn't so much say "Bootlegged copy" as much as I could see that SW made several tapes, and one could have been mixed in with others before they recalled them. A mislabeling, something like that. I think test focus show was more likely.

on the subject, I found This! The train coming at the audience in the end was really unnearving for me when I was a kid... of course, to the first movie goers (one of the first films made when the movie camera was just invented WAS a train coming at the camera), it had the same effect.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I could see that SW made several tapes, and one could have been mixed in with others before they recalled them.
Sort of like how a few rouge lead-laden toys or hot pocket foodstuffs complete with red plastic could be issued before their respective recalls.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You can't just sum it up in a neat episode package. Not saying it should be hidden, but it takes a lot of thought and care.
I know, but maybe they could have continued on and shows that Snuffy's dad does in fact come back instead of caving into immediate reactions... The it's not going well at first so lets just bury it attitude.:stick_out_tongue:

(Shrugs). Coulda happened. Mr. Rogers was always on early afternoons for me (1:30, 2:00). Why they showed that one episode in the evening, I'll never know. Maybe someone meant to put in the "Masterpiece Theater" or "Nova" tape and put in Mr. Rogers instead!:insatiable:

Convincing John
Maybe it was because if was a special episode and he encouraged that you should watch it with your whole family.

By the way. Loved the Some Of Us Are Hear clip and the train one and have not seen them in a long time!:smile:

ISNorden

Reaction score
I still think that since divorce is a decision that takes a long time to make (and doesn't happen suddenly in most families), CTW should have covered the topic in a whole season-long story arc--not just in a single episode, which might explain some of the bad reactions from the test audience. (Snuffy was already a well-established character, but no one had previously mentioned any family problems that could justify a divorce. Bringing up the issue seemingly out of nowhere would've upset me, too, if I'd been a test-audience kid back in the day...)

Besides covering the divorce in just one episode, I think CTW's other mistake was choosing Mr. Snuffleupagus as the main character. His father rarely appeared to begin with (except in books); if using the two human couples seemed wrong to the producers, they could have given a minor Muppet child's family the spotlight for that season...having him visit the street and talking to an adult about problems at home, eventually leading up to the divorce itself as the season ended.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Bob and Linda got romantically interested in each other eventually, but they never married. In fact, they both strongly denied any plans to marry or have children (in at least two separate episodes).

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The point was that there were three couples. It mattered not whether the couples were married or not.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Bob and Linda never really made it official as a couple. They probably didn't even know, hehe.