What sketches scared you as a kid?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
in a way they never left:sympathy:
*hugs* Do feel better. In time, they may leave. Then again, they may not. But whatever the case, we're all here for you if--or when--you need us to be. ^_^

Convincing John

Reaction score
So, according to you, the Snuffy divorce episode aired in your area, huh? Depending on where you live, someone could've snuck a bootleg copy of it and put it on the air.

You also said it was played at some weird time in the afternoon...outside of your regular Sesame Street time slot? My PBS station (a long time ago) was funny like that, too. Once in a while you'd see something odd...or just see an old fashioned digital countdown until the next show. (Like the counter used in this Pigs in Space sketch). I KNOW that they played the "Bubbleland Opera" episode of Mr. Rogers in the evening once.

I've seen a lot of odd bits and pieces (Sesame related and non-Sesame related) televised over the years...ones that only I remember. One time, years ago, there was this "This Old House"-type show on my local PBS station. At the end the host made some comment about taking care of your walls, then the wall (with a Muppet-esque face) remarked with something like: "Yeah, you should!". No one remembers it but me, and there's a billion to one chance I'd ever see it again. Trillion to one someone else besides me would remember it.

Back to the subject of weird and freaky clips...I have never seen the "crack in the wall" clip people have seen (and feared). I do remember being freaked out when I was little by a point in "Some of Us Are Here." Check out the leering monster with the big green nose at the 1:22 mark. (And who the heck was that weird purple monster with the orange eyes at the 1:00 mark?)

Of course now, a quote from that clip would be a good answering machine message: "None of us are here!":stick_out_tongue: Gotta love that zigzag bit Bip and Cookie do together, too...:big_grin:

Convincing John

Redsonga

Reaction score
SS was normally only on in the early morning...I live in northern California, our station is KQED out of San Francisco :smile:. So I can see all of us little kids in the Bay Area (and above like me) being used as test subjects for some paper or something *lol*...

Convincing John

Reaction score
(Shrugs). Coulda happened. Mr. Rogers was always on early afternoons for me (1:30, 2:00). Why they showed that one episode in the evening, I'll never know. Maybe someone meant to put in the "Masterpiece Theater" or "Nova" tape and put in Mr. Rogers instead!:insatiable:

Convincing John

Redsonga

Reaction score
(Shrugs). Coulda happened. Mr. Rogers was always on early afternoons for me (1:30, 2:00). Why they showed that one episode in the evening, I'll never know. Maybe someone meant to put in the "Masterpiece Theater" or "Nova" tape and put in Mr. Rogers instead!:insatiable:

Convincing John
All those shows were only on in the early morning and never repeated on my channel, we had too many art programs to fit in :excited:*lol*

wwfpooh

Reaction score
My PBS got kid's shows--some of which I wouldn't deem for kids, like Carmen--until about 4:30 pm at which the PBS-owned News would come on.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
The Exit song by Chrissy & The Alphabets scraed me a bit at the end when he couldn't find his way out and was yelling help.

Now I just laugh at it when I think how silly it was for him to sing a song about knowing out to get out of a building and and the end didn't know how to get out himself.

Hope that buling wasn't slated for demolition.

Couldn't resist that.

ISNorden

Reaction score
The Exit song by Chrissy & The Alphabets scraed me a bit at the end when he couldn't find his way out and was yelling help.

Now I just laugh at it when I think how silly it was for him to sing a song about knowing out to get out of a building and and the end didn't know how to get out himself.

Hope that buling wasn't slated for demolition.

Couldn't resist that.

That one didn't so much scare me, as make me feel sorry for Little Chrissy; the irony of his problem didn't occur to me until I was in grade school. As that girl in the wilted-plant cartoon said, "How could I be so duuuumb?" :embarrassed: