What sketches scared you as a kid?

Chris Von Count

Reaction score
This sketch didn't really scare me, but one of the characters in it was a little spooky to me. It was a Sesame Street News Flash in where Kermit interviews Humpty Dumpty, his character to me IMO was scary. Just that half doped up look on his face, and that mouth?!!

One of the films that was creepy was one where the camera is filming in like a small grove of trees, and through cut-scenes it shows the trees getting blossoms. I remember the music playing in it was very creepy indeed, with a piano, and I think some drums as well? Does anyone else remember this film?

One of the cartoons that I thought was a bit scary was the Fox and the Crow cartoon where this fox steals a block of cheese from the crow. The fox has the crow make this dreadful *ba-caw* noise to drop the cheese, that haunted me as a kid, also the whole scenery of the cartoon based during the winter twilight had a cold and lonely feel to it.

A couple of weeks back my girlfriend and I were watching her season 1 DVD collection of the Muppet Show, and the sketch of Hugga Wugga came on. It was creepy as a kid, and I'm 30 now and it still racks my nerves.

And in closing of skits that scared me as a child, I would like to add this in as well. Even though it's not from SS or the MS I would have to vote on the Chilly Down singers from Labyrinth, I love that movie but their characters still get to me this day. Removing their limbs, and their heads, plus the one that gouges out his eyes! What's not scary about that?!

Cookie fan

Reaction score
Youtube should post the creepy "Apple tree on top of an Ogre's head video", Man that was creepy to me as a kid! I think I'll still the jitters looking at it.

iwannabegs

Reaction score
Hmm...there was this guy wih sunglasses and orange hair and he sang a song about opposites...scared me to death! My dad still remembers that and I was about 3-4 at the time! (I'm 17 now.) :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
iwannabegs said:
Hmm...there was this guy wih sunglasses and orange hair and he sang a song about opposites...scared me to death! My dad still remembers that and I was about 3-4 at the time! (I'm 17 now.) :smile:
Are you talking about that guy Jim Henson played that was very loud?

iwannabegs

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Are you talking about that guy Jim Henson played that was very loud?
I believe that's him...I just remember that whatever sketch the guy was in, I screamed and hid, haha. He's in the "Mahna Mahna" sketch...the one with the two pink things on YouTube. I'd post the URL, but I haven't gotten up to 10 posts yet. :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, I know this Isn't sesame street, but that lady on the electric company who screamed "Hay you Guys" at the beginning of every show used to scare me. When ever the show was about to start, I would run away out of the room and hide under my bed and cover my ears.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
iwannabegs said:
I believe that's him...I just remember that whatever sketch the guy was in, I screamed and hid, haha. He's in the "Mahna Mahna" sketch...the one with the two pink things on YouTube. I'd post the URL, but I haven't gotten up to 10 posts yet. :smile:
Also known as Bipboppadota (spelling?) on Sesame Street.

Chris Von Count

Reaction score
Cookie fan said:
Youtube should post the creepy "Apple tree on top of an Ogre's head video", Man that was creepy to me as a kid! I think I'll still the jitters looking at it.
I remember that cartoon. That was pretty creepy too, the music didn't help either.:eek:

Chris Von Count

Reaction score
Genrally speaking as one of the gen-x'ers growing up out of the 70's and through the 80's watching the show I would have to say any trippy/psychadellic/odd based cartoon or creepy films such as the "I" film that were made in the 70's and ran through most of the 80's were scary.

I guess it was a way to get kids straightend into line back then to grow up to be respectable adults we are today.. or maybe I am just imagining that? LOL:excited: :wink: :smile: