What sketches scared you as a kid?

missHEFFIE

Reaction score
punkNpuppets said:
2. Vincent Twice - how could you not think it was scary. HE WAS BASED ON HORROR-STORY-TELLER FROM A HORROR TV SHOW!!! the intro was freaky with the stained glass-like picture lady standing next to a grave dressed like she just came home from a funeral! then it goes into the grave and shows Vincent STARING AT A CANDLE (scary deluxe) with a thunderstorm going on outside. the story that scared me the most was one with a cat who got into this ladies hat (cat in the hat, lol) and she puts the hat on and the cat goes nuts and she screams her head off (NOT literally though). scary.

:embarrassed: OMG I LOVE YOU
THANK YOU SO MUCH I THOUGHT NO ONE ELSE WAS AFRAID of myserious theatre. okay so when i was about 7 there was this like construction paper picture of this like lady with a scary yellow face and black hair wearing red if i remember correctly which was the intro to mysterious theatre and it was different each time ( I THINK WHAT YOU SAID ^ was the one that scared the crap out of me permanently)and there was this awful awful scary music.*shudders*nd i would like DODGE under the nearest table or hide next to a pillow. and be made fun of by my three year old brother! THAT BEGINNING SCARES ME OMG and i feared vincent twice twice. if i remember correctly he was an orange puppet with like... blue hair?and he was weird looking my mom even agrees lol. BTW i would like to see a picture of him now to conquer my fear but not now at 11:02 at night lol. i'm 16 btw and i would really like to see a pic of him :smile:. and just thinking of that lady AHHH scares me, i'm such a baby :frown:. i remember i came home from school and i made my mom watch it in the morning to check if she was on so i could avoid the whole segment at all costs which made me feel better... except when my mom forgot to screen it uh oh. lol. i did watch the little story he told but i would hide at the end. ahhhh memories. sorry this was so long!
HEATHER

mevans

Reaction score
The Frog and Ox Cartoon

To me when i was a kid the one sketch that scared me was a cartoon where a frog challenges a cow/bull that it could be bigger than the cow (and even bigger than the world). The tiny frog took long, deep breadths and its stomach grew to an enormous size, pear-shaped at first then big and round. And between each breadth it exclaimed how big it could get. When it grew to nearly the size of the screen and finally said, "bigger than the world" it exploded. The screen went white and returned to the normal floral background, minus the frog.

I think the combination of what the frog said and the huge, "violent" explosion at the end really freaked me out. I was 7 or 8 at the time and probably pretty impressionable. I'd leave the room before the frog would explode.

I haven't seen this cartoon pop up much in topics so it makes me wonder if anyone else felt the same.

Cookie fan

Reaction score
Wow! I forgot about that particular clip, it freaked me out as a kid as well. One scary clip I vaguely recall was an animated girl looking at a wall (I think it dealt with imagination) and she imagines the cracks on the wall turning into a monster. That personally was the mother of all the scary Sesame Street sketches. I think there was a female voiceover also, very early 70's.

Reaction score
"Wet Paint" & "Danger Is No Stranger"

That Moo Cow guy scared me pretty bad. But I really liked those songs.

D

Dil

What kind of sketch scared someone as a kid, the "Count to 10 With Nobody" Scene?

Soul H

Reaction score
It used to freak me out with the haunting sounds, but later in the years I got used to it.

Dil said:
What kind of sketch scared someone as a kid, the "Count to 10 With Nobody" Scene?

Chris Von Count

Reaction score
The painter in the "Mad Painter" films was none other than Paul Benedict who played Mr. Bently on the Jeffersons, occasionally in his many number painting films we got to see Stockard Channing "Rizzo" from Grease as one of the many victims being painted on or around.

ulan25

Reaction score
erracht said:
Now there's this cartoon I remember that was
real spooky to me. This boy is lost and he
passes all kinds of weird places. Then he
comes to this wacky looking guy. He's dressed
like a scarecrow, has a big fat jaw, big
shades, and is playing with a yo-yo. To
help the boy find his way back, the guy turns
into a strange house, a clock (etc?) that
the boy passed, all the while with a wierd
face. That was freaky. How did they get the
idea to draw someone like that?
I was gonna reply to this thread with this same cartoon. That really freaked me out as a kid. I'd love to see it now though. :smile:

PiLfan

Reaction score
I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned this one...

Bob and Luis putting together a billboard of a tunnel and train tracks...it is done to funny music and the video is sped up. When they finally get it right, the video speed slows back to normal and you hear this oncoming train whistle, with a light growing from inside the tunnel...it turns out to be a train that rushes right into the camera at a high pitched squeal sound, with bob and luis looking as scared as possible.

This was a bit intense for me as a 3-4 year old. The only other skits i recall that came close to this were the red hot I beam (mainly because of the music and the intensity of the fire coming from the melding machinery) and the daddy dear cartoon (the dandylion with the lion's head gave me nightmares).

Some other bits creeped me out a little here and there, but only the train one, and maybe the I-beam, would make me run out of the room when they came on.