1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    We will be upgrading our forum software on Saturday May 25. This is a major upgrade that will add many new features and enhance security.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31, 2019.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

What sketches scared you as a kid?

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Jennifer, May 12, 2002.

1. CensoredAlso

CensoredAlso Well-Known Member

::Shivers:: This is one clip I never wanted to see again! I dreaded seeing the alien come out of the ship, lol. Now he's pretty funny (but still unnerving! Hehe).

Looking for the Letter Z
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4lUdi1Tz8g

And I understand Dr. Tooth, seeing that kids face disapear would be quite disturbing to a kid!

2. xochval15

xochval15 Well-Known Member

Scariest SS Clip

To this day I'm embarassed to say that I'm still freaked out by the "Mummy Ernie" skit. The one where Ernie and Bert go into the temple and there's a mummy resembling Ernie. They eventually sing and dance together singing "Rubber Duckie." :eek:
    The opening and closing music adds to the creepieness of the skit.

3. Soul H

Soul H Well-Known Member

One sketch that kinda still haunts me a little was the stop-motion sketch with the kerosene lamp. There was something about the music that made me feel uneasy. :eek:

4. PinballStewie

PinballStewie Well-Known Member

I TOTALLY remember that one! I can see why you'd be scared by it (though I absolutely loved it as a kid). The synthesizer is pretty eerie (plus the way the lamp appears to be assembling ITS OWN SELF!)

5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Did anyone mention the kids running away from the giant green Dragon looking rabbit yet? That had to have caused some trauma... I didn't like it (nor did I get the point) when I was it on Old School 2.

6. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Well-Known Member

ConsummateVs likes this.
  7. Drtooth

ConsummateVs likes this.
  8. The Shoe Fairy

Gah!*shields eyes*
    I just found that joke.:o

ConsummateVs likes this.
  9. Nick22

Nick22 Well-Known Member

none of them scare me now. but i would probly pass out if i was standing next to big bird. i hate things that are a lot taller than me. like skyscrapers. im so used to towering over everyone. im the tallest in my class! im 5 foot 3. and big bird is like........i dont know. a lot of feet though.

10. Redsonga

Redsonga Well-Known Member

One I forgot until now:
    Pearly White Teeth
    That shark scared me :eek:
    *lol* I am more than twice your age and 5'2 ;).
    And Big Bird is 8'2 ;)

11. Soul H

Soul H Well-Known Member

I felt your pain especially when the camera got closer and closer to his mouth. And what did he mean by "Couldn't you just eat me up"?

12. Redsonga

I always heard it as 'I could just eat you up':eek:

13. CensoredAlso

Oh wow, my cousin has home movie footage of little baby me saying how much that shark on Sesame Street scared me, lol. This clip did nothing for the reputation of sharks!

Doesn't bother me too much now. But that clown in the clip just before still kinda does, hehe.

ConsummateVs likes this.
  14. Drtooth

Oh man, that's another one I used to laugh like an idiot at. Maybe because of all the film cutting or something... or his weird voice.

15. CensoredAlso

What's ironic is the sketch was supposed to show kids that clowns are really people to, and there's no need to be afraid. But for some kids it seemed to have the opposite effect, lol. Now, I was always relieved to see the guy's real face at the end, but that didn't stop me from being freaked out every other time the clip came on!

16. Redsonga

That actually is one of my favorite SS songs :). I use to sing along with it all the time:excited:

17. Drtooth

I must ad one thing... am I the only one who isn't afraid of clowns? I just didn't care way too much for them, outside of Krusty and Binky, of course....

But then again, weird things scare me, and weird things make me laugh.

But I forget if I said This one Scared the heck out of me... that horrible organ music.... and it took forever to end. I remember one time I hid in the other room until it was over.

18. Redsonga

I'm not afraid of clowns...but then I like mimes to :)

19. CensoredAlso

Well I was only afraid of clowns for like 2 seconds as a kid, that quickly went away. And I progressed to stranger fears like Gumby (no I'm not kidding!) :eek:

Yeah I can see that, and the way the bats sort of popped up from nowhere. Something about crude animation sometimes comes across a bit creepy, hehe. No offence to the animation, I do still think it's good. :)

20. The Shoe Fairy

Rofl that one is pretty darn wierd. No wonder you were scared of it.