What sketches scared you as a kid?

HarveyK

Reaction score
Boy Girl Jellybeans

:confused: That scared the **** out of me. I think it's even in a book. I vaguely remember another that for some reason gave me the creeps. This is very sketchy, but there was one episode when Kermit was counting things and they started to multiply and make noise. Were they twiddle bugs? they were making some kind of bug sound. Was it even Kermit? Apparently, I blocked it out.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Is this the skit you're talking about?

Kermit was counting Twiddlebugs as more were coming in. When they were six of them (all going "Twiddle-twiddle") Kermit announced that when you have six happy Twiddlebugs, "You have a Twiddlebug party!", prompting balloons and confetti to come out.

NorkNork

Reaction score
The sketch that scared me most as a kid was the 'Wet Paint' video. The most disturbing part was at the end when the paint was on the screen and I thought he was being consumed by the paint. Scared me so much. :embarrassed:

Teankun

Reaction score
I think the ones that scared me the most was when Count hypnotized Ernie and Bert and where Cookie almost ate Guy Smiliey because Muppets who were usually freinds were doing harm to another.

The cartoon that scared me the most was were a cat is chasing this bird who hides amid these wierd shapes. A lion scares the cat at the end. Scared me too. The music freaked me out too.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Wow, I'm not the only one afraid of the "Wet Paint" clip! :smile:

Reaction score
Hmmmm, I can't say I was scared by anything on Sesame Street. I know the Pinball sketch and I love it!!! I still sing it! That and the Lady Bug song.

I will share the thing that would make me almost have a NUCLEAR MELTDOWN as a kid. This was not from fear but from sheer frustration! It would happen EVERY time Big Bird would get a meeting from Mr. Snuffleupagus. Then Big Bird would run to find someone to show them that he is real. I would literally jump to my feet and scream at the TV, going "ultra-sonic" on my poor Mother, sweat running down my face and honestly I would get the occasional nosebleed! (Maybe too much information but hey, kids noses bleed easily when they get excited.)

What was I screaming about? I was yelling at the characters, "HURRY UP BEFORE HE GOES AWAY!!! YOU'RE GOING TO MISS HIM." Then that would be followed by, "NO MR. SNUFFLEUPAGUS YOU CAN'T LEAVE, THEY ARE RIGHT THERE!!!!!"

It really drove me bonkers!!!! :crazy: I would be hyperventalating afterwards and cry and question my Mom about why they kept doing this to me.

I think that was mean on Sesame Street's part. They dragged it out for far too many years. :boo: What torture!

In fact, I think I had stopped watching the show before I was told by someone in High School that everyone knew about Mr. Snuffleupagus now.
I'm sure I wasn't the only child who "lost it" over those sketches. Or maybe I am - EEEK!!!!! :eek:

Reaction score
HarveyK said:
:confused: That scared the **** out of me. I think it's even in a book. I vaguely remember another that for some reason gave me the creeps. This is very sketchy, but there was one episode when Kermit was counting things and they started to multiply and make noise. Were they twiddle bugs? they were making some kind of bug sound. Was it even Kermit? Apparently, I blocked it out.

Dear HarveyK,

First off, let me say that I hope you are not scarred for life. :sympathy:

Those are the "Tweedle Bugs!" They lived in Ernie's flower box. They were incredibly dim-witted. They were very funny too. Yes, sometimes they walked around going "Tweedle-Tweedle."

Mostly they just found new ways to make simple things hard for themselves. Like the sketch where they are all going to the beach and the Father Tweedle Bug says, "Let's take the Family Car!"

"The Family Car?" says Mother Tweedle and then Father Tweedle proudly confirms, "The Family Car!"

So they load up the car, put the kids in it, and then the Mother and Father proceed to the push the car the whole way to the beach.

They were silly. How could they creep you out?