What sketches scared you as a kid?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Here's what scared me most:

SESAME STREET:
•The sketch with Oscar and Glenn Close which ends with Oscar falling back down into his can, and then a huge cloud of steam shoots out of the can as we hear Oscar screaming!
•The song "Oh G". That little birdy's deep voice creeped me out.
•The old, old sketch where two children are fighting over a cookie, and Cookie Monster shows up and announces that the smalles one will get the cookie. Then he shrinks himself! How's he do that??
•The animated segment with that scary-looking schitzoid bird who doesn't like to be surprised, who looks in those three boxes he's standing on. Looking back on it, I like that segment for its looks. John Korty did a great job on that show. His is a style that's similar to, but predates, South Park.

THE MUPPET SHOW:
•The remake of the classic "Inchworm" sketch. Kermit's got quite a scary-looking cousin there.
•I've Got You Under My Skin - I still hate to see Muppets get eaten.

FRAGGLE ROCK:
•The song segments from "The Terrible Tunnel" featured on the "Fraggle Songs" video compilation.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by punkNpuppets
i was also kinda scared of when Oscar went down the stairs in Christmas Eve On Sesame Street.
Man! That was me favorite part.

I just remembered this weird thing about a bird, can't gewt too specific, but it looked more like a horrid alien with spiral eyes.

And..uh... there's one other thing that kinda bothers me (now). I saw this recent one (an Elmo's World) when I was getting out of the shower, I turned it on, and saw that Elmo had mail. It was from Telly! (I love Telly!) He had a new fish that looked JUST like him. HOW CREEPY IS THAT?!?!?! The fish said (in Telly's voice) "how about that?" Even Telly looked Creeped out! Then he started tapping on the glass!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
that'd be cool! about the Oscar thing on Christmas Eve, i used to be afraid of it. I rented it again when I was 9 (an age that I got back into SS, and you know 3rd graders, always wanna KILL the kids show characters) anyways, when i saw it again when i was 9, i fell in love with that part. I started rolling the laundry pale thing down the basement stairs, which was no problem with my parents. then i rolled a TIN TRASH CAN down the stairs (it was empty, my parents let me buy it for myself). there was a whole "WHAT WAS THAT???" reaction!

erracht

Reaction score
Erin, the I Can't Find My Way animation
is exactly the one I spoke about above,
did you get it? The landmarks are weird
enough (I remember that funny house with
the flower-shaped chimeney emitting a
cloud of smoke) but when the weird-looking
guy with the yo-yo turns into them with
his big face (like on the clock) that
was just too much for me.

Doozer

Reaction score
Cookie Freak Out!

The segment that messed with me was when Cookie Monster had a nightmire about cookies in a Bakery and the Cookies started singing in an irie way, "Cookie, Cookie, Cooooookkkkiieee," Or something like that and they were attacking Cookie Monster.

Also Ernie's Eyes after counting sheep when the Count spent the night.Eeeeh.

Doozer

Reaction score
Opps

That was suppost to be under scary Seasame Street moments. THis was my first time in the forum. Is there a way to drag it to the appropriate column?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just moved it for you... let me know if this is where you wanted it.

Welcome to Muppet Central! We're looking forward to getting to know you.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I just remembered: I was also a bit rattled when I saw this sketch in which Cookie Monster had a dream that he met a giant, talking chocolate-chip cookie ... who used to be a cookie-monster himself. At least it was a dream.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I remember that! They were singing about how delicious they were and they were just out of Cookie's reach! Can't remember how the song goes.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
who remembers the sketch where Big Bird has a dream where he's in a doorless, windowless room and then all these mops appear and big bird's scared but meanwhile, him and the mops then start dancing???

well, that sketch didn't really scare me, but was anyone else scared of it???