What made you think today?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can't help but think about how so many things that I'm a fan of, or used to be a fan of, have been rocked by some sort of behind-the-scenes controversy or scandal with any certain or number of individuals involved. Just some specific examples I can think of off the top of my head:

- SS: Obviously, we all remember Kevin Clash's unfortunate scandal that involved him voluntarily walking away from Sesame to spare them any more bad publicity.
- The Muppets: Also obviously, Steve Whitmire's firing had a lot of ugly circumstances coming from multiple parties involved.
- Channel Awesome: I was mostly a fan of Doug Walker, but I really was disappointed to learn what an absolute incompetent, unprofessional, a-hole he really is, and how many of the higher-ups at CA are not only incompetent and unprofessional as well, but belittling, demeaning, and misogynistic, which resulted in a lot of former underlings leaving the company in a mass exodus.
- The Loud House: Chris Savino being fired from Nickelodeon after it was revealed what a sexual predator he really was.
- Courage the Cowardly Dog: One of the former writers from the show has been saying some rather unflattering things about John R. Dilworth being difficult to work with, and being a rather scary fellow.
- David Feiss: Apparently his ex-wife is claiming he's been trying to silence her for so long . . . don't know all of the details, so I don't know what happened, but she sounds like a rather disgruntled former spouse.
- Jim Cummings: Um . . . so, remember when his ex-wife was trying to "destroy his career" by spreading a bunch of false information about what a horrible person he is? Well . . . it turns out some of what she was saying about him was actually true.
- Bill Cosby: Yeah, nothing needs to be said here.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Northern Calloway (David on Sesame Street) had his little episode of running around naked and smashing windows.CTW hushed it up real good. I didn’t even know about this until long after his death. Thank the Workshop for damage control.

mariolover

Reaction score
Northern Calloway (David on Sesame Street) had his little episode of running around naked and smashing windows.CTW hushed it up real good. I didn’t even know about this until long after his death. Thank the Workshop for damage control.
He was probably mentally ill.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Northern's story is always a very depressing one, so sad he wasn't able to get the help he needed. He was easily my favorite human character. I'm glad he was able to be on the show for 2 decades at least.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I liked David too. He was a pretty hip cat.
There was nothing he wouldn’t do. In early segments (not street segments) he was prone to slapstick comedy. He got pies in the face, buckets of water dumped on him.
In the early days he and Maria were an item. Then in the 80s Luis came along. The writers arranged it that way since his health was causing him to miss work.
At Luis and Maria’s wedding, David sat quite a distance away. Like he was literally pushed out of the picture.
In his last year on the show, he gained so much weight he looked awful.
42 is an incredibly young age to die.
Then Hooper’s Store had a big turnover of owners.
It was sad to see his illness slow him down, but in his younger days, he lit up the screen.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I liked David too. He was a pretty hip cat.
There was nothing he wouldn’t do. In early segments (not street segments) he was prone to slapstick comedy. He got pies in the face, buckets of water dumped on him.
In the early days he and Maria were an item. Then in the 80s Luis came along. The writers arranged it that way since his health was causing him to miss work.
At Luis and Maria’s wedding, David sat quite a distance away. Like he was literally pushed out of the picture.
In his last year on the show, he gained so much weight he looked awful.
42 is an incredibly young age to die.
Then Hooper’s Store had a big turnover of owners.
It was sad to see his illness slow him down, but in his younger days, he lit up the screen.
I heard originally it was planned to be David but, the writers didn’t wanna explain interracial couples as well

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There was one scene that turned out to be an omen, but nobody could have seen it coming. This goes way back to 1975 or so. I only saw it once or twice, but then it got dropped from rotation.

David, Maria, and Luis were dressed up as acrobats. Circus music was playing, Jerry Nelson did the narration.

Luis was standing on a platform. Maria was standing on one end of a seesaw. David was standing behind her with a chair on his shoulders. The idea was Luis would jump down, Maria would fly in the air and land in the chair.

Luis jumps down, and the seesaw broke in half.
Go to cartoon.
We come back. This time, Luis jumps down on the floor. He and Maria start riding the seesaw, but there’s no room for David!
David looks like he’s about to cry.
He walks off moping, Luis and Maria have fun riding up and down.

Someday, if HBO keeps releasing old episodes, this long-lost artifact will finally turn up.