What made you think today?

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I have a thread about that segment bookmarked on my iPad.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since the late 90s, Nickelodeon has been deviating away from the standard 13-episode seasons for some of its more popular Nicktoons, such as HEY ARNOLD!, CATDOG, ANGRY BEAVERS, and others . . . yet, somehow, Cartoon Network has adhered to that contractual obligation a lot more faithfully for some reason . . . in fact, I think the most they've ever deviated away from that standard is maybe 15 episodes for certain seasons of some of their shows . . . but Nick has done as many as 20-26 or so for some of their shows' seasons.
Okay, I know technically 39 episodes of Dexter are all one big season, but even so, they along with the original 13 episodes from the first season met the 52-episode series requirement, just like most of their other shows did at four 13-episode seasons).

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I can't help but think about how so many things that I'm a fan of, or used to be a fan of, have been rocked by some sort of behind-the-scenes controversy or scandal with any certain or number of individuals involved. Just some specific examples I can think of off the top of my head:

- SS: Obviously, we all remember Kevin Clash's unfortunate scandal that involved him voluntarily walking away from Sesame to spare them any more bad publicity.
- The Muppets: Also obviously, Steve Whitmire's firing had a lot of ugly circumstances coming from multiple parties involved.
- Channel Awesome: I was mostly a fan of Doug Walker, but I really was disappointed to learn what an absolute incompetent, unprofessional, a-hole he really is, and how many of the higher-ups at CA are not only incompetent and unprofessional as well, but belittling, demeaning, and misogynistic, which resulted in a lot of former underlings leaving the company in a mass exodus.
- The Loud House: Chris Savino being fired from Nickelodeon after it was revealed what a sexual predator he really was.
- Courage the Cowardly Dog: One of the former writers from the show has been saying some rather unflattering things about John R. Dilworth being difficult to work with, and being a rather scary fellow.
- David Feiss: Apparently his ex-wife is claiming he's been trying to silence her for so long . . . don't know all of the details, so I don't know what happened, but she sounds like a rather disgruntled former spouse.
- Jim Cummings: Um . . . so, remember when his ex-wife was trying to "destroy his career" by spreading a bunch of false information about what a horrible person he is? Well . . . it turns out some of what she was saying about him was actually true.
- Bill Cosby: Yeah, nothing needs to be said here.
I mean, that’s show biz life for ya. There’s always going to be that one actor with a controversial status.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
No different than bands. On the surface things look great. Hit records, sell out tours, life is good. But behind the scenes- egos, drugs, sleeping with each other’s wives, managers and record companies screwing you over.

50 years on, The Beatles are still the most successful band ever. But the money problems they went through, the crappy deals they signed, screw jobs by lawyers, managers, and accountants.It makes my head spin.
The biggest turn of the screw, in the 80’s, Michael Jackson bought the rights to the Beatles publishing, then used “Revolution” to sell Nike shoes.
Others, like Pete Townsend and Elton John, have no guilty consciences to sell their songs to push soda or beer.
Not the kind of dilemma I’ll ever have to face.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Dick Richards, Bill Williams, and Bob Roberts are the funniest names.

Think about it.
Way back when, our school textbooks had the names of kids who signed out the books for the year.
It was a colorful crowd.
Dick Hurtz, Joe Mama, and Class President Mike LeTorus.

What a bunch. 😁

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently Dick Richards was a pimp who Wilford Brimley worked for before he became the spokesman for Liberty Medical about diabeetus, but the two fell in love and had quite a long, sick, and twisted relationship der.

That sounds like a Simpsons gag.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’m amazed at the evolution of memes. People posting a picture with a provocative caption.
Once upon a time people sent them by fax, so if you worked in an office you got a good stream of them.
Then the faxes mutated into emails. Now people can get them on their phones. Hardly a day goes by without my wife finding something to make my sides split.

Keep ‘em coming.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Potential spoilers for CoolGuy Reviews, But I just realized my thoughts on each season of the HBO era seems to directly correspond to my thoughts on the year they aired in:
46 - Not very good, much like 2016. I do believe it got better toward the end, and I remember enjoying a lot of days that episodes aired on.
47 - Probably my favorite of the HBO era, just like how 2017 was my favorite year. I had so much fun with it, and it was a major improvement over the previous season/year.
48 - Overall a mixed bag. Had it’s highs and lows, just like 2018 did for me.
49 - This is controversial, but I loved 2019, it’s my second favorite year (after 2017). And this season shows it. The day I saw the New Years episode (which, to be fair, was in 2018), I knew I was gonna like 2019, and the season was good too.
50 - Weakest of the whole era (and maybe the whole show). A lot like 2020 in that regard. And a lot of my favorite episodes of the season aired before the world went to ****.