What made you roll your eyes today thread?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’ll always love dominos! I love their garlicky, buttery crust. The issue is finding a location that doesn’t suck. The one near my old house could get my pizzas cooked properly.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know there are just days boomers get on my ***.

I make a joke about how wearing masks is political now out of sarcastic humor on a friend’s Facebook status, and this old af boomer woman has to get on my case over it. Honestly after she tried starting **** with me over it I instantly blocked her. At the end of the day I needed to humor myself and anything she thinks about it isn’t something I’m responsible for.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Right?! Honestly her response was uncalled for and out of respect to my friend I didn’t want to start anything so I just blocked her and moved on.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The Simpsons is basically full of stereotype characters...... and look what’s happened years later.

A millenial-aged Indian comedian has a temper tantrum over Apu just because he was mocked about it over the years and makes a document about it from very poor taste. Obviously what happened to him was wrong, but honestly he could have learned to just put on his big boy pants and grow from it instead of making this documentary for the sake of people sympathizing with him (it was also because a white guy voiced him).

Three years later and Hank Azzaria no longer voices Apu (probably just to avoid backlash), and no thanks to the George Floyd incident being blown out of proportion (simply because people were more concerned about the riots than the fact that this man lost his life), all the characters of color have voice actors of the respective race voicing them. Seriously, I actually hate the new voice of Carl. It just sounds like a black man trying to do Hank’s Carl voice very poorly. Just cancel the effing show already because it’s **** like this that shows how much this show has now become nothing more than a dead horse constantly beaten on.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
The Simpsons is basically full of stereotype characters...... and look what’s happened years later.

A millenial-aged Indian comedian has a temper tantrum over Apu just because he was mocked about it over the years and makes a document about it from very poor taste. Obviously what happened to him was wrong, but honestly he could have learned to just put on his big boy pants and grow from it instead of making this documentary for the sake of people sympathizing with him (it was also because a white guy voiced him).

Three years later and Hank Azzaria no longer voices Apu (probably just to avoid backlash), and no thanks to the George Floyd incident being blown out of proportion (simply because people were more concerned about the riots than the fact that this man lost his life), all the characters of color have voice actors of the respective race voicing them. Seriously, I actually hate the new voice of Carl. It just sounds like a black man trying to do Hank’s Carl voice very poorly. Just cancel the effing show already because it’s **** like this that shows how much this show has now become nothing more than a dead horse constantly beaten on.
Dear lord does this post make me mad.

First of all, the riots would not have happened had this man not lost his life. Obviously people had to be concerned about it. It also opened their eyes on how racism is somehow still alive and well in the US (mostly systemically). These people were doing it out of helping to end systemic racism in the voiceover industry.

Second, this is also about giving POC voice actors more opportunities. For years, they’ve been pushed aside for casting white actors in roles they’re not fit for (i.e. minorities). I mean, how many of you have heard of Alex Desert before he became the new Carl?
(On a side note, I really like Carl’s new voice. It sounds like a good impression of Hank’s Carl to me.)

Third, I hate to break it to you, but looking into it, this probably would’ve happened either way. If you don’t remember, the first white voice actor to leave their POC character was Jenny Slate on Big Mouth. I don’t watch the show, but I’ve read that the season features her former character discovering her black identity. This would’ve caused controversy had she not left the role in the summer, leading her to quit anyway. Either way, it would’ve started a domino effect where white voice actors stopped playing characters of color.

And you call yourself a liberal.