What made you roll your eyes today thread?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had a friend in high school named Brian also. He was not the least bit shy dropping the N-bomb. It wasn’t hard to see where he got it from. His dad and grandfather said the same thing.
I mean, my dad's the same way too; he also came from that time where it was the norm to drop the N-bomb in reference to black people . . . he still does it too. In fact, when it comes to a particular snack known as Brazilian peanuts, he refers to them as "N****r Toes." No foolin'.
Wouldn’t it be funny if Black people thought we all look alike? Wouldn’t that be a hoot?
I think other ethnicities actually do feel that way about white Americans, if I'm being perfectly honest.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
They do, and frankly it’s just as ignorant but they pretty much get a free pass for being a person of color because that’s our standards in a nutshell. 🤷🏿‍♂️

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean, my dad's the same way too; he also came from that time where it was the norm to drop the N-bomb in reference to black people . . . he still does it too. In fact, when it comes to a particular snack known as Brazilian peanuts, he refers to them as "N****r Toes." No foolin'.
That definitely sounds like something my former friend Jeff would say.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
With my friend Brian, I didn’t just cut ties and refuse to speak to him again. I felt sorry for him that he had this hatred in his heart. It made me feel more sad than angry.

I’m fortunate I never had to deal with racism, with a few notable exceptions.
At various times at Toys R Us I’ve been called Honky, Gringo, and Cracker. And a few other Spanish words some thought a white person wouldn’t know. When I responded back in kind, it freaked them out because it dispelled the notion a white man can’t understand Spanish. That’s ignorance on their part.

Anti-Semitism gets under my skin too. I have a good number of Jewish relatives. Even though it hasn’t been directed at me, Jewish slurs get my back up.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
At the end of the day I really wish we could just treat everyone like equals and respect different cultures each race has.

It goes to Morgan Freeman’s quote: “How to end racism. Don’t talk about it.”

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’m all for that. A lot of people of different colors and languages are for that too.
Another thing I don’t get is cultural appropriation. Some woke guy on YouTube made a big stink that white people shouldn’t wear sneakers because that’s racist.

So would it be just as racist for a black businessman to wear a 3 piece suit?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That’s just..... that’s just ridiculous.

He definitely spends his time on Twitter I’m sure.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
If we’re talking about something like white people or any other race casually wearing a dashiki I could understand that.

If it’s something like sneakers? Um, who made that a black thing?!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Chrome, for some reason, now has a new bug/glitch that affects its display . . . for example, as I type this, it's 11:22am, but Chrome says it's 9:22pm.

At least, for once, Google themselves acknowledge that they are aware of this issue, and are looking into correcting it, which is more than they ever do whenever something like this occurs, to which their usual response is basically have you figure it out yourself because they don't know what to do.

Still, it's incredibly confusing to see such incorrect times on new emails in Gmail, or on my browser history items.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So...... is this a new glitch on Facebook where if you lurk on someone’s profile it automatically sends them a fr? :confused:

Cause this happened just recently. I saw one profile out of a friend recommendation and checked their profile...... friend request accepted when I never even remember sending one?

Same thing happened with an old friend of mine from middle school..... granted, it was nice catching up but...... still felt kind of weird cause I don’t even go chasing after people anymore.

But yeah. What made me roll my eyes is this new glitch is back.

Last edited: