What made you angry today?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Nowadays, the only surefire way to make it in any business is connections.

Well, to be fair, connections have always helped, but now more than ever, it seems like you have to know people in order to even get any kind of notice, otherwise, nobody wants to look or listen to any unsolicited material.
True, having connections help, but I guess that still falls under luck. Usher might have been in the right place at the right time to give Justin Bieber his big break. On the next block there could've been an equally talented kid still living in obscurity.

mariolover

Reaction score
Reddit is just a toxic place.

Its like the anonymity of the site makes them feel like they can say whatever.

Kind of disturbing, because that's just how crummy people can be.
I have a Reddit account, and people sometimes say mean comments towards me on there. I do agree that it's kind of a toxic place. But it has it's positives too. Like I can actually post about God and Jesus there on their Christianity subreddit where more people agree with me.

But surprisingly, even on that subreddit some people attack me for my views. But a lot less than on here.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Remember on the Frown thread when I said someone on a wiki I frequently visit killed himself.

Well, it turns out he didn't die.

While it's great to know he's alive, I'm feeling angry because I felt really sad about his death all for nothing.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
In my experience. people go out of their way to say they are going to kill themselves almost always just do it for attention and will never actually go through with it. most actual suicidal people keep it a secret, because they don't want people to stop them. it's a shame because the attention seekers just make people believe that everyone, including the people who are actually suffering, are just faking it :sigh:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Remember on the Frown thread when I said someone on a wiki I frequently visit killed himself.

While it's great to know he's alive, I'm feeling angry because I felt really sad about his death all for nothing.
I hate when people spread rumors like that. Suicide is nothing to take lightly!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score

There was someone on here years ago who faked his own death. Once it was found out to be a hoax, he was shunned like the plague.
I guess he wanted to find out what people would say about him after he “died”, but the whole thing blew up in his face.
I think everyone knows at least one person who committed suicide (I contemplated it, but never had the nerve to go through with it), and a joke like that hits too close to home to be funny.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah yes, that Bob Hope Fan, or whatever his name was. He had also lied about his age the whole time as well . . . I forget, but he claimed he was rather advanced in his years - like in his 70s or even 80s, IIRC.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Ah yes, that Bob Hope Fan, or whatever his name was. He had also lied about his age the whole time as well . . . I forget, but he claimed he was rather advanced in his years - like in his 70s or even 80s, IIRC.
We’re still waiting for more of your MCF history lessons! Those were the best. Quarantine would make for a good time to resurrect that thread.