What made you angry today?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So this actually happened on Election Day this week (go figure), but I was donating a dresser that was taking up space in my apartment and didn’t really need anymore, and I left it on the side of the curb, which, mind you, I often have done and never got any complaints about it. But that day, the woman out front saw me leaving the dresser and bringing in the individual drawers. I noticed she was actually giving me a death glare which made me feel a bit uncomfortable, but I just didn’t really give her any attention. It wasn’t until I gave the last drawer that I went over to my car and she quickly spoke up saying “You’re not gonna leave that there, are you?!” I quickly turned asking for clarification. She responded with “You can’t leave that there!” I immediately defended myself calmly saying that I was donating it. She continued giving me attitude telling me to bring it to the garage instead, and then asked if I expected her to carry that over there. I gave my rebuttal (respectively) asking if that was her job, to which she gave a very snarky no, saying that wasn’t her responsibility to carry it. By that point I was just like “whatever, lady” cause I wasn’t putting up with her lip and smart *** attitude. I helped her out but wasn’t happy about it. If she had just asked politely if I was donating that and told me I had to bring it to the garage, I would have been much more understanding.

So then I ended up having to pull a “Karen” and spoke with the manager about the incident. Thankfully he was understanding and said he’d look into the incident, which I thanked him for. I walked out and ended up chewing her out saying “I just reported you to the manager. Don’t ever ******* give me attitude again, lady” and walked off. Another employee out front asked what happened but I ignored him cause I just wanted to leave by that point.

I understand retail life can be frustrating with rude *** customers, but I’m a customer that always stays on my best behavior in a store regardless of my mood or how my day is going and expect the same in return. Her attitude was uncalled for, and frankly I’m hoping she gets fired if she hasn’t already. It sucked too because I love going there and have been going there since 2014. But for a good while, I’m not shopping there.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Around here, you don’t have to worry about donating stuff. Any kind of furniture, no matter the condition. Put a sign on it that says FREE and by the next day it will be gone. I got rid of a couch, lamps, and an old dining room set that way.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean I could have easily done that myself, but I live in an apartment complex and it could have been at risk of being tossed in the trash for leaving unwanted furniture on private property. A fellow neighbor of mine who was helping me carry it down had thoughts of possibly needing it but changed his mind at the last minute, so I gave it to savers.

In the end at least now I’ll make sure anything I donate goes to the garage door so this doesn’t happen again, but still, I was really frustrated and embarrassed when that happened, especially since often employees have seen me leave stuff on the side of the curb or against the rails on the curb and didn’t care at all. Part of me just feels like she wanted to avoid responsibility with this, but again, I’m making sure all my stuff is near the garage.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One of the greatest ARTHUR fan dubs ever has been nuked from YouTube.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My apartment last night.

So I was told at the last minute that the heat in my building was acting up (gee, I wonder why???) and that maintenance has to come into each unit from 9 to 4 to look at the pipes. So at the last minute I had to really tidy the **** out of this place instead of actually enjoy the rest of my evening.

But what really did it for me was the fact that my dumpsters clearly have not been emptied out in over a month. There were piles of trash EVERYWHERE! Seriously, this place can honestly **** itself sometimes. I’m actually now very desperate to get kicked out it’s not even funny.

Last edited:

Any Del

Reaction score
**** man.... Hope all goes well for you. You may not like this but are you thinking of moving back with your parents anytime soon? Knowing the calamities you're dealing with in your apartment.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I really don’t want to in all honesty because they live in North Carolina and I don’t feel like living in a place I know is just going to make me feel worse because I won’t have anyone I’m close with near me. And honestly I’m at that point in my life where I’m trying to transition away from my parents to my own life. But I dunno. If anything I just want to live in another reasonable complex.