What is your favorite Sid and Marty Krofft shows?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I suppose that adds up.
In the late 80s/ early 90s it was occasionally really ridiculous. Animaniacs and the Disney Afternoon shows all had around 65 episodes in their first season! Enough for syndication, I guess.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm really grateful that Animaniacs got to live beyond those first 65 episodes though. Not a lot longer but, the later seasons were even funnier than the first.

Anyways, your thoughts on Mutt & Stuff?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I actually wrote about my thoughts on the Kroffts' resurgence of new work not too long ago:

http://josephscarbrough.blogspot.com/2018/05/my-unfinished-thoughts-on-sid-marty.html

As for MUTT & STUFF, specifically . . . to me, it doesn't even really feel like a Krofft show, at all. It feels more like an attempt to be a Barney show with dogs, since kids love dogs. I mean, granted, back in the day, Krofft shows, much like the Muppets, had a level of humor and storytelling that could appearl to adults as well . . . MUTT & STUFF feels like a straight-up kids show, with very little substance - it's incredibly formulaic, like most kids shows today are. I'm sure it must be doing something right if it's become as much of a hit that it is, and kids are enjoying. Do I find it engaging or entertaining? Honestly . . . no, I don't. It doesn't hold my interest. And again, as I wrote about on Scarblog, I sense an absence of that overall Krofft charm that their original work had. Their newer puppets and animatronics look and feel nothing like their original work.

Bugaloosfan

Reaction score
Here's some leaked photos of the Bugaloos reboot pilot (which, last I heard, hasn't been sold):

Here's the information that's available so far:

- Benita Bizarre won't be played by Cyndi Lauper after all . . . not sure who's playing her.
- Courage is a girl. I'd say this is an attempt by the Kroffts to make the cast more P.C. by having two boy Bugaloos and two girl Bugaloos, but they recently shared some conceptual artwork from 1969 that depicted Courage as a girl then, so maybe Courage was always intended to be a girl, dunno.
- It's hard to tell from these low-quality pics, but it looks like the Bugaloos in general are played by much younger kids than they were in the original series . . . I guess because this reboot is supposed to be a preschool show.
- Much of the original characters are still present, except that Woofer and Tweeter are now robots, and Sparky is a hand puppet instead of a full-bodied suit.
The Bugaloos pilot wasn't picked up it got scrapped! Marty discussed about the Bugaloos pilot during a radio interview in 2018, According to Marty they are reshooting the pilot and that this time it won't be for preschoolers, I haven't heard anything since then, I'm hoping the reboot happens because I'm curious if the original Bugaloos will be involved

Bugaloosfan

Reaction score
Also, the Kroffts are planning a remake of Land Of The Lost and a remake of DC Follies, they talked about it at Comic Con 2018,

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Given what a circus the current political landscape in and of itself is in, a D.C. FOLLIES remake would be most perfect at this time! Those short YouTube videos they did back during the 2012 elections were as sharp and clever as the original series ever was, and their recent video with Trump and Putin was gold.

As for LAND OF THE LOST - they've remade that twice already, I could live without another one.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The Bugaloos pilot wasn't picked up it got scrapped! Marty discussed about the Bugaloos pilot during a radio interview in 2018, According to Marty they are reshooting the pilot and that this time it won't be for preschoolers, I haven't heard anything since then, I'm hoping the reboot happens because I'm curious if the original Bugaloos will be involved
Do you have a link?