What is your favorite Sid and Marty Krofft shows?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wasn't aware of it, and I didn't really watch a lot of it, but I just learned that MUTT & STUFF has been canceled.

What's interesting is that while season-wise, this isn't the longest-running Krofft show (only two seasons; the original version of LAND OF THE LOST lasted for three), episode-wise it is, lasting for over 70 episodes - beating out D.C. FOLLIES, which previously held the most number of episodes for a Krofft show at 44.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The Banana Splits is being reboot as a horror movie this October. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?

There's nothing wrong with just rebooting The Banana Splits but making it an R-rated horror flick is definitely a bit much if you ask me.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I actually had no idea that Banana Splits was a Sid and Marty Kroft show.
But anyways, a horror movie actually sounds like a brilliant idea to me, if done right.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I actually had no idea that Banana Splits was a Sid and Marty Kroft show.
Technically it is. The show was a Hanna Barbera production, and they hired the Kroffts to design and build the costumed characters. Unfortunately their segments are only a fraction of the show, which is mainly occupied by various, unrelated live action and cartoon shorts from the HB library. Some great songs were written for the show as well, like "You're The Loving End" and "Wait Till Tomorrow".

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, working on the Banana Splits for HB is what garnered the attention from the NBC executives, who saw all that went on in their factory, and persuaded them into producing their own shows for them, which lead to the creation of Pufnstuf (which itself was recycled from a live show they had going on at Six Flags in Texas the year before).

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I wasn't aware of it, and I didn't really watch a lot of it, but I just learned that MUTT & STUFF has been canceled.

What's interesting is that while season-wise, this isn't the longest-running Krofft show (only two seasons; the original version of LAND OF THE LOST lasted for three), episode-wise it is, lasting for over 70 episodes - beating out D.C. FOLLIES, which previously held the most number of episodes for a Krofft show at 44.
When did it get canceled?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Cesar Millan was apparently the producer, and his son Calvin was in it.