What is your favorite Sid and Marty Krofft shows?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And it apparently was also co-created by a BIG BANG THEORY writer.

Bugaloosfan

Reaction score
Here's a newer radio interview from 2018 with one of The Bugaloos actors, Caroline Ellis who played Joy on the show, it's an hour and six minutes long, but well worth it!

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
My favorite is sigmund and the seamonsters. I love that show!

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I never had much of an interest in Sid and Marty Krofft shows, but if any of them would be an interest, it would be "Pryor's Place".

"Pryor's Place" had some similarities to "Sesame Street", but instead of teaching the alphabet, counting, opposites, etc., it taught about sobering issues such as drugs, bullying, etc., which were more commonplace back in 1984.

"Pryor's Place" was, if memory serves correctly, the final program produced by Sid and Marty Krofft, before their company folded. The show launched in September 1984, and was taken off the air nine months later, possibly due to Pryor's reputation of swearing and other controversial matter, and parents did not approve the show to their children.

I know, despite that CBS's Saturday morning block is longer (continuing to as late as 3:00 p.m., possibly), the local CBS affiliate in Detroit closed off Saturday mornings at noon after "Pryor's Place" was over before switching to local programming most likely for teens, or even sports-related material.

Of course, parents didn't seem to complain about Richard Pryor's segments on "Sesame Street" back in the day, otherwise they'd be removed soon afterwards.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"Pryor's Place" was, if memory serves correctly, the final program produced by Sid and Marty Krofft, before their company folded.
Their company never folded, they're still in business to this day; just in the last few years, they've done a SIGMUND AND THE SEA MONSTERS reboot and an ELECTRA WOMAN & DYNAGIRL reboot for streaming services, and a new Nick Jr. show called MUTT & STUFF.

In addition to that, they produced that godawful LAND OF THE LOST remake in 2009, they did a syndicated sitcom in 1987 called D.C. FOLLIES, which was like the UK's SPITTING IMAGE, and an early 90s special that parodied cable news channels like CNN.

Bugaloosfan

Reaction score
Looks like the Kroffts are returning for a 50th Anniversary Panel this Saturday at the San Diego Comic Con, I found this on San Diego's Comic Con schedule for Saturday July, 20

Sid and Marty Krofft and H. R. Pufnstuf are celebrating their 50th anniversary, and they are coming to Comic-Con. Sid and Marty Krofft became a household name in the '70s with a series of remarkable programs that featured elaborate sets and fanciful characters. They created and produced some of the most iconic names in family entertainment for over 50 years and are still in action today. Come celebrate the 50th anniversary of Sid and Marty Krofft and H.R. Pufnstuf. The panel will cover upcoming projects and reveal exciting works in progress, including never-before-seen titles. Moderated by David Arquette and Greg Garcia (My Name Is Ear, Raising Hope).

Saturday July 20, 2019 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Room 23ABC

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If only the Krofft brothers would attend other cons across the country instead of staying in Southern California; I've love it if they came to the Knoxville Fanboy Expo one year.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I always loved HR Pufnstuf, not just the show but also the movie

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Don't really care too much for the movie myself. To me, it feels more or less like an episode of the show that was padded out to include a bunch of filler to make it longer.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Don't really care too much for the movie myself. To me, it feels more or less like an episode of the show that was padded out to include a bunch of filler to make it longer.
It was a good movie but hard to understand since the series had all the stuff that Jimmy did before he left the island but in the movie he just goes to the island, gets in some sticky situations and leaves