What is your favorite childhood toy?

CountFan1998

Reaction score
I used to (and still) play with a teddy bear, named Teddy (that I got when I was 3) and a rubber ducky (The Original Rubber Duck, the one with orange webbed feet and blue eyes...) named Quackers. But really, is our childhood ever over? Or is it a new one just beginning?...

Deep, huh? To be or not to be: that is the question...

CountFan1998

Reaction score
My stuffed doll of the parrot from Aladdin. I've had him since I was five (he currently makes his home on the dresser in my bedroom).
Yep. Definately Iago, voiced by the one and only Gilbert Godfried in the 1992 Walt Disney fim, Aladdin.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I was VERy careful with all my toys. My friend on the other hand DESTROYED my Inspector Gadget 12" action doll thing, and I have to pay well over 100 bucks to get a new one.

I hate that kid for that, rully I do.
my neighbor was like that...i mean i never when out a broke my toys on purpose..and always admire people who did so kudos to you...but i remember one day i went outside to notice a bunch of familiar looking broken plastic only to realize my downstairs neighbor had broken into our storage and taken a few of my things my dad had gotten me and smashed them.....

never talked to him again

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not on purpose and not really mean... he was more... uh... crazy and hyper active than destructive... but he broke stuff ALL the time. My cousin was the same way too. I can't remember if he broke that now.

Only reason we don't talk is because we lost touch after I moved when I was 11.

But still... that Inspector Gadget was the coolest. That lame McDonalds one that looks like Mathew Broderick just couldn't compare.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
I was pretty much a girly girl. My favorite toys were my Holly Hobbie dolls. (I'm sure you've heard of them) If not,let me explain. They were dolls dressed up in gingham dresses. There was Holly Hobbie & her friends, Heather, Amy & Carrie. Holly also had a brother Robbie Hobbie & her grandmother Grandma Hobbie.
Were yours the almost-little-kid-life-sized ones? 'Cause those used to creep me out. Not sure why. I've always been a little wary of dolls, always preferred stuffie critters.

Maybe I was born the wrong species? I shoulda been a Muppet!
-------------------------------------------------------

robodog

Reaction score
That Kermit certainly looks well loved. But, hey, it's Kermit. He deserves it.

My favorite childhood toy was my Knickerbocker poseable Snoopy figure. I used to make clothes for him out of socks.There were quite a few others I really liked back then but have zero nostalgia for now. My Pet Monster and Popples head up that list. They didn't have the staying power that my Snoopy did.

Other toys I had that I desperately wish I could get back:

Crackers: Crackers was a battery operated dog that would bark and walk to you when you clapped your hands. I went through two of them. I've scoured the internet for info on this dog and came up with nothing.

My vinyl flocked Pound Puppy knock off. This would be impossible to find today. It was a no name Wal Mart knock off toy but I loved it.

Rub A Dub Doggy. This was a vinyl dog you could take in the bath with you. I never used him in the tub much though.

Strawberry Shortcake plush dog. Yeah, I had a girl's toy. But it was a dog so in my eyes it was cool no matter what toyline it was connected to.

Clifford the Wrinkles Dog knockoff. A brown plush dog full body puppet. He was from the Kennel Klub line, which were knockoffs of Ganz Bros' Wrinkles dog line. I loved that dog. He even had a pair of green pajamas a friend of mine gave him. I cut a hole in the back of the pajamas so I could puppeteer him while he was wearing them.

Hound the actual Wrinkles dog. Bought when I was about 14 and wanted to start practicing puppetry again. I used to draw comics of him in school when I probably should have been doing schoolwork.

Napper. A tan dog with dark brown ears that talked when you hugged him.

My Pound Puppy. A grey bulldog.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
My favorite toys when I was a child was anything related to Thomas The Tank Engine. I had stuffed animals, little metal trains, wooden trains, books, clothes, ALL the videotapes, puzzles, you name it, I had it. My parents did actually save a majority of my Thomas stuff even after I outgrew it, so still to this day I have a giant box of wooden trains in my closet and loads of stuff somewhere else.

Aside from that, I remember being particularly attached to a VHS copy of Learning About Numbers. Loved the skit where the little ball rolled across that metal track and turned out to be a cherry or something. I actually found a copy of the video at a neighborhood tag sale last year and bought it for nostalgic reasons. It was just as enjoyable upon further viewing.

Puckrox

Reaction score
My beanie babies... scratch that. All of my stuffed animals. I gave them all names, I assigned them families, I decided which ones were dating/married and which ones hated each other, and so on. Considering I had over 100 stuffed animals as a kid, this was very ambitious of me. I think it also explains why, in writing, character's are my favorite part to write.

I also was pretty fond of my gameboy. Still am.

beaker

Reaction score
Probably my 12" Boba Fett action figure(used to take that in the tub all the time), my Alf puppet/doll, my Ewok plush, small little kids meal toys, and of course anything Muppety. I hated GI Joe, I loved Transformers but they often broke easily and were expensive. Most toys I had were from thrift stores or traded from kids

Thank goodness for ebay...Ive been able to get mint condition versions of some of my favorite things I particularly missed.

Gee, Im sure y'all can guess what decade I had a lot of my best childhood memories:smile: