What is up with these DISTURBING commercials, lately?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, THIS is possibly THE most DISTURBING commercial ever... so much so, in fact, that I now hate Flo even more!

galagr

Reaction score

I know this commercial is supposed to be "Cute" but, seriously, Kid's threatening other kids for their Lunchables? They don't even taste that good!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Haha, when I was a kid in school (elementary school to be precise), certain Lunchables gave you status! :stick_out_tongue:

And that was back when Lunchables WERE actually fun... I remember particularly back in 1998 when they came out with two new Lunchables that proved to be really popular: the pizzas where you could make two pizzas with tomato sauce and cheese sauce, and a dessert pizza with chocolate sauce and M&Ms, then another one that were essentially pizza dough breadsticks you could dunk in tomato or cheese sauce. Then of course, shortly thereafter, they came out with the hamburgers and the hotdogs. THEN, they came out with breakfast Lunchables (I swear, Lunchables pancakes were the ONLY pancakes that actually tasted good... and they came with syrup AND frosting).

Now, Lunchables are no fun. They basically took away the things that made them fun (mainly the desserts) and made them "healthier" by switching things like the Capri Sun drinks with natural fruit juices, and the desserts like the aforementioned dessert pizza or miniature bars of chocolate and such with things like pieces of taffy and such.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, THIS is possibly THE most DISTURBING commercial ever... so much so, in fact, that I now hate Flo even more!

Not as bad as the "Rate Sucker" one.

Shudder shudder...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay... Snuggies were bad enough, practically wearing bathrobes backwards thus making yourself look like a major dweeb... but do we REALLY need this "Snuggie Up" site where people post suggestive videos of what possibly goes on under their Snuggies? To once again quote Mike Mozart, I mean REALLY, what were they THINKING? Like the commercial that shows a video of an old lady from the shoulders up (apparently wearing nothing)...

"You don't want to know what's under THIS Snuggie..."

That's right, we DON'T, old lady! Gross!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Know what I hate? The freaking Ticket Oak for something called Ticket Hub or Stub Hub or something. It's nightmare Fuel of a wall-eyed ugly looking monster tree. Like it's intentionally supposed to be a malfunctioning gimmick.

Everyone acts like this is some biiig funny bit, but it's just creepy and wrong looking. And the worst part is, I was coming out of a train station a couple months ago (Kenmore Square in Boston, if anyone wants to know) and everywhere you looked, there was that freaking commercial with that freaking oak. It's even more disturbing than the fun fruit trees, and they were pretty disturbing to begin with...

mr3urious

Reaction score
Giant tree puppets have never gelled with me ever since seeing The Wizard of Oz. :eek:

Also, I feel that those Stub Hub commercials are a little self-aware in how disturbing they are.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
That is actually a phobia I have...faces on trees (or really any object that shouldn't have a face)...but its the worst with trees. I swear to god I can't even be near one of those singing christmas trees or you are going to have a very panicked Sarge.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Be glad you weren't in the same subway I was at back then. Well... okay, it was more of an underground trolly station in case anyone from my state gets all correcty. it was a freaking labyrinth of large scale posters of that ad. EVERYWHERE! They had these large overhanging light fixtures with ads on them... all the same picture with different unfunny Hashtag jokes on them.

Sweet dreams, Sarge...

Edit: UGH! Speaking of disturbing talking tree commercials, here's a blast from the should have stayed buried past

It comes in at about 4:03. Creepy, glowing eyed tree lures kids into closet with promise of fruit snacks. Draw your own conclusion

DOUBLE UGH! There's another one at the 8:40ish mark after the McDonalds commercial. I'm so glad that fruit snacks are cartoon shaped now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was going to post this in "Commercial Rant" thread, but I just posted there and frankly I think this thread's more inappropriate.

Has anyone been afflicted by the horrible Rally's/Checkers commercials with Mr. Bag yet? And no. I don't even HAVE a Rally's or Checkers anywhere remotely near me, so I don't know why I'm getting them.

Behold their mascot. One that makes the Burger King look less like a perverted creep that would take you back to his place and strip you of your skin.

Now imagine that face poorly freaking computer animated. Like cracked serial number After Effects bad. His mouth doesn't so much move as much as it pulsates! To make matters worse the supposed deep right voice they tried to give him comes off more as Senior Cardgage during mating season. It's not like you get him when you take out food. You get him standing on your night table at 3 AM mumbling about your pretty mouth while licking the blade of a rusty pocket knife.

And apparently, someone agrees with me.

I'd go out and buy as many Care Bears DVD's as possible and watch them all night. Otherwise you may never get to sleep.