What is up with these DISTURBING commercials, lately?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
ESPN/ESPN2 airs those stupid bag commercials all the time, and I don't even think Checkers is in the northeast. The commercials look like they cost about five bucks to make, almost as bad as those CGI tax rescue service ads.

mr3urious

Reaction score
It seems more like they're trying to go for their own Progressive Insurance box mascot and failing miserably.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've never even heard of Rally's or Checker's... but then again, we get commercials for chains that have either never been here, or are no longer here.

We've never had 7-11s where I live, but I've seen commercials for them. I see those California Cow commercials all the time, and yet that's exclusively a California chain, so why advertise it nationally? Similarly, we no longer have Dunkin Donuts, Baskin-Robbins, or CiCi's Pizza in my town, but we still get their commercials all the time (I guess because they're still in our neighboring towns, just not our town). We just got our first Popeye's a couple of years ago.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It seems more like they're trying to go for their own Progressive Insurance box mascot and failing miserably.

I actually prefer those Progressive Box commercials over Flo ones. Mainly because Chris Parnell does the box's voice.

Dunno who they got to voice Mr. Bag, but with the raspy, bad quality of the voice actor, the watches you while you sleep look they gave the character, and the fact the character's prone to sexual innuendo and hitting on women, he comes off as creepy and perverted.

McDonald's new Happy Meal mascots (good GLOB I miss Grimmace) are blatant Minions/Rabbids knockoffs (I so hope there's a Minions Happy Meal. There's a lot of potential to lampshade that on the commercials somehow). They're creepyish, but more in the annoying department. At least they don't eat each other like the Cinnamon Toast Crunch pieces. But they're positively adorable next to Mr. Bag.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I used to eat Fruit by the Foot as a kid, but back then, their commercials usually had these two old men sitting their recliners playing videos (imagine, if you will, if Statler and Waldorf were gamers).

C to the J

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
McDonald's new Happy Meal mascots (good GLOB I miss Grimmace) are blatant Minions/Rabbids knockoffs (I so hope there's a Minions Happy Meal. There's a lot of potential to lampshade that on the commercials somehow). They're creepyish, but more in the annoying department. At least they don't eat each other like the Cinnamon Toast Crunch pieces. But they're positively adorable next to Mr. Bag.
As you might remember, there was the commercial for McDonald's Minions toys, where you saw the Happy Meal box, Kevin, Stuart, and Bob in the same place at the same time. And believe it or else, there's one Happy Meal commercial featuring the Rabbids. It was bound to be made one day.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to admit, when it came to that, at least McDonalds owned up to blatantly plagiarizing those kinds of characters having them interact with each other. I was hoping there would be a McDoanlds Minions tie in just because of that. Rabbids was a pleasant surprise. Unfortunately, I only got 5 of them before the McD's ran out and started shoveling out the horrible toys from the Amazing Spider-Man 2.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, Mac Tonight was recently named one of the most disturbing advertising mascots ever, but honestly, I think this is really cool, I like it a lot!

The mascot itself is a nice little nods to lounge singers, and I love the production design for the commercial: anything to city lights gets my approval.