What do you know about dreams?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
When I was really young, I had a terrible recurring dream about me lying in my bed and my blanket would come to life and start strangling me for no reason.

That dream was borderline traumatic for me at the time for this reason right here: Those dreams planted the idea in my head that I was never safe.

That same blanket I dreamt about strangling me was the same one that I would hide under whenever those imaginary "monsters" we all believed in as kids were entering my room. I would use that warm, fuzzy blanket whenever I was sick and it would always make me feel better. My mom and I spent many cherished memories together having indoor picnics with that blanket as a platform while we ate.

But then all of a sudden I started dreaming of the thing I associated most with safety, literally trying to murder me in my sleep. That dream messed me up for nearly a decade, as much as I hate to admit it due to the embarrassment factor of it all. Even when I was like 9 or 10, thinking about that dream would creep me out at least a little bit.

I remember waking up and crying every time after that recurring scenario played out in my mind, my mom would always rush in and hug me. Telling me that it was just a dream and everything would be okay.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Since at least last summer, almost every night I've been having these disturbing dreams about weird creatures coming into my room. None of them have ever attacked me or anything like that, they are all incredibly harmless but they just look so dang creepy. These things can best be described as the product of an alternate reality where Tim Burton created Pokemon. I'm not scared of them per say but sometimes remembering some of these bizarre creations of my subconcious mind makes me shiver a little bit. I've always gotten recurring dreams for months sometimes even years on end plenty of times before but this is by far the strangest and creepiest one yet.
Get this! Last night the creature in my dream was a talking lion wearing a crown on his head. Did that thing enter through my wardrobe from Narnia or something lol.

Man, the human mind can come up with some very weird yet intriguing concepts when it's asleep.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My babysitter once told me that she had a crazy awesome secret agent-type dream where she basically played the role of a female James Bond.

When she told her friend about the amazing dream, she was shocked because she had THE SAME DREAM the previous night as well.

Who knew that two friends could have the same dream like that? I found that very interesting myself.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The dream I had last night was both one of the most non-sensical and most interesting dreams I've had in a long time, and I'm really (pleasantly) surprised that I'm remembering so much of it.

So, a lot was going on in this one: a lady friend of mine was shooting a little indie movie inside an actual book store, and I was on her film crew . . . mainly as just a supervisor. So, as I'm patroling the book store, making sure there's nothing going on that would disrupt the production, I notice the cast of FRIENDS are robbing the cash register . . . for some reason. I mean, they're not part of the production, and they're not filming something separate in the same book store, they're actually robbing the cash register. So, I take it upon myself to perform a citizen's arrest on all of them before they can make off with the cash . . . and this, somehow, gets me into hot water . . . I don't know, I guess the idea that celebrities are above the law applied to this dream. Anyway, the production is stalled, thanks to me, and I find myself being held in a back room, where I'm confronted by Christopher Plummer; I try to get on his good side by explaining how much respect I have for him as an actor and the career he's had, but he's not having any of what he perceives to be hollow ***-kissing.

And that's about it - I woke up at this point. But man, this was quite a dream. With as much that went on in it, I'm just amazed I remember all of these details!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I had an AWFUL dream about Chucky the Killer Doll last night which is weird considering I've never seen a single second of any of those movies in my entire life. I know Chucky's name and what he looks like. Thats it! Considering I am a horror fan who has seen more than my fair share of the genre, why did it end up involving a character who has no relevance to me whatsoever?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I had a dream I was scheduling days off from work... now that's a dream.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Why have these two little creatures been appearing in my dreams for over a decade now? There are these two adorable extremely Muppet-like things that show up off and on in my dreams. One of them looks a pink anthropomorphic rabbit (a cute one, nothing creepy like Donnie Darko) and the other almost resembles a red version of the villainous cat from Allegra's Window.

The personally traits of these creatures always stay the same in each dream they show up in:They are nice, peaceful, friendly beings that do nothing but help me out.

I've never seen anything like them on a TV show or movie, my subconscious mind just somehow created both of them. Oddly enough, neither of them even have names or assigned genders (although I've always assumed the pink one is female for obvious reasons). I also feel as though the red one is likely male because it has a very deep voice but not exaggeratedly so like one would expect from a Muppet-type character.

Here is where things get REALLY bizarre though. I have heard of both creatures starring in OTHER PEOPLE'S DREAMS over the years online:

-One Reddit user claimed that they had a dream about the same exact red cat guy showing up in a dream and pinching them really hard to the point where they bruise. Both the description and the accompanying drawing the user made of the thing seems like a dead ringer for the one in my dreams. Even the VOICE they described sounded like my dream feline companion. I don't know why he was mean in their dream but nice is mine though, talk about a complete personality change.

-Another person on a site (I want to say YouTube but I'm not positive) discussed a dream in which they also saw the red cat guy. He only made a brief cameo in the dream in which he handed him/her a rubber duck while they were in the bath tub.

-Actor/stop motion animator Breckin Meyer once said in an interview that he had a crazy dream as a child about a giant pink rabbit (that sounds almost exactly like mine) coming into his room and playing with him. Breckin even stated that he wanted to made an adult swim cartoon about the rabbit but decided against it because it sounded too similar to Donnie Darko.

That is all too weird, isn't it? I find it strange how more than one person can dream of the same characters. Perhaps they ARE in fact from a TV show or movie but I just don't remember. It's certainly a possibility.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know how I've said despite having a fascination with tornadoes (and severe weather in general), that one of my biggest fears is actually seeing a tornado heading straight towards me (or my entire town), and feeling hopeless because I know there's nothing I can do to stop it, and as such, it's a recurring nightmare I have? Last night, for the first time ever, I had a variation on this nightmare: I actually didn't see the tornado coming this time! I'm just minding my own business, the power suddenly goes off, the house starts rumbling, I go to look out the window, and the next thing I know, it's right there! Direct hit!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’m just curious.

how often have you all had dreams where a loved one dies? Because I’ll be honest, whenever I have those types of dreams, they really make me paranoid. Like, either they could actually die soon, or they just somehow end up leaving my life anyway.