Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
:excited: Agreed. Who can on this earth can hate the Fraggles? FR is hilarious; not to mention adorable.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
:excited: Agreed. Who can on this earth can hate the Fraggles? FR is hilarious; not to mention adorable.

LOL... You know, that reminds me of a funny story. My little brother used to HATE Fraggle Rock. Of course, he never really watched it. One day, I got fed up with him badmouthing my all-time favorite show and forced him to sit down and actually watch three randomly selected episodes. I told him that if he took the time to really watch just three episodes and still didn't like the show, I'd give him $50, no strings attached. He sat down and watched the shows, trying as hard as he could to hate it, but he couldn't do it. Half way through the third episode he asked me to burn him copies of the DVDs ASAP.

Redsonga

Reaction score
LOL... You know, that reminds me of a funny story. My little brother used to HATE Fraggle Rock. Of course, he never really watched it. One day, I got fed up with him badmouthing my all-time favorite show and forced him to sit down and actually watch three randomly selected episodes. I told him that if he took the time to really watch just three episodes and still didn't like the show, I'd give him $50, no strings attached. He sat down and watched the shows, trying as hard as he could to hate it, but he couldn't do it. Half way through the third episode he asked me to burn him copies of the DVDs ASAP.
Given a chance I don't see how anyone who at least likes music can hate FR, it is like a mix of every single style you can think of and then you mix *that* with huggage looking fuzzy creatures, one of which happens to be doom and gloom in a feild of happiness, one that is an artist, one that is as hyper as the day is long, one that is an energertic tomboy and one that is just basicly your everyday good level headed loveable guy that keeps everything sane :smile:. Nope, I just can't see it :coy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eh, there's always people like that on the Internet, that just want to stir up trouble. They don't represent the world. :wink:

And they have too much time on their hands anyway. If you don't like the Fraggles, why would a movie comeback bother you? It's not like it's going to interfere with Saw 69 or Fill in the Blank Paroddy Movie '09!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The good news is that Cory Edwards is sick (just wait, there is good news). That means he was bored and said on his blog that the 3rd draft is done. He also had really funny photos of the new Star Trek movie....

Redsonga

Reaction score
I know that I will probability be disappointed..not so much because I think the movie will bad at all, but because I know I've built my hopes so high up with my own ideas of what a 'perfect' movie would be like..and no two peoples idea of 'perfect' is the same :frown:.
I think a lot of it has to do to with who your favorite fraggle is :wink:.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I know that I will probability be disappointed..not so much because I think the movie will bad at all, but because I know I've built my hopes so high up with my own ideas of what a 'perfect' movie would be like..and no two peoples idea of 'perfect' is the same :frown:.
I think a lot of it has to do to with who your favorite fraggle is :wink:.
I agree there. I've been pretty hyped about the movie, and it probably won't be as good as everyone expects.:smirk:

BEAR

Reaction score
What's with all the negativity? Why can't we just be excited that this is even being considered and the Fraggles are making some sort of a comeback?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What's with all the negativity? Why can't we just be excited that this is even being considered and the Fraggles are making some sort of a comeback?
I'm with you. Why is everyone expecting to be disappointed?

This film is still in preproduction. From what Cory Edwards reports - he wrote an epic that was too expansive and inclusive for the Henson Company. That's a good thing. Apparently it has so many good ideas they will have to leave some out to fit the appropriate running length (likely 90-110 minutes).

I can see Fraggle employment opportunities for years to come after this picture. I just wish we'd had more of their wisdom over the last several years. It could have helped clear things up quite a bit IMHO. :coy:

Redsonga

Reaction score
My gosh, why is any sort of negativity, even a tiny bit, reacted to with such negativity? The movie will be what it will be and it will send the fraggles on a comeback I am sure...
But when you have been writing and thinking about the 'perfect' plot for so long as I have been you are IMHO setting yourself up for at least a little let down I think. It is not so much being negative now that I think of it, just being realistic. Everyone has their own ideas about what would be the FR movie to end all FR movies and chances are not many people share the same pov on it.:embarrassed:
I'm with you. Why is everyone expecting to be disappointed?
Because remakes don't have the greatest record for being very very good. Good, maybe, but not amazing :smile:. I'm not saying the FR movie will fall into that trap but that is why many people are nervous IMHO. It is like (memory wise) loaning your favorite teddy bear you had since you were born to a friend, you know he will take good care of it, but you can't help thinking about it getting ripped up by his puppy or colored on by his baby or tossed in the oven while the house is on fire :frown: