Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

Redsonga

Reaction score
I say musical because film makers seem to say that anything where the characters themselves sing is a musical now, save band movies :stick_out_tongue:. Even if they don't sing songs at every big plot point or emotional moment, which is more the true label of a musical IMHO :smile:.
Besides, the main muppets made a habit of singing in their movies and their culture was not even singing based, so I really see "Would making the fraggles sing work?" as a silly question :stick_out_tongue:. If the film has faith in the song element it carries over to the viewer just fine IMHO.

And like I said before I hated Hoodwinked with a passion really (which is weird because I like all sorts of animated movies) it honestly made me feel like not staying to see the whole thing and that is a feeling movies never give me :confused:....I take that back, there was one other, Happily N'Ever After..argh. So I hope this movie will be much better.

Anyway, I'm just talking on a forum, if the only posts we ever got about everything were always bright and cheery and never poked at or questioned anything there would be no real point in having a community forum IMHO. I only pick because I care, I don't give anything I don't care about the time of day online :3

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
And anyway I think Moulin Rouge, Chicago, and yes even High School Musical proves musicals are still welcome. :smile:
Not to mention Mamma Mia! That's now holds that privilege of being the most successful musical at movie box office.

But I think that the use of CGI is okay just as long as it is subtle and not over the top, non-stop in your face.:stick_out_tongue:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Not to mention Mamma Mia! That's now holds that privilege of being the most successful musical at movie box office.

But I think that the use of CGI is okay just as long as it is subtle and not over the top, non-stop in your face.:stick_out_tongue:
I don't mind CGI as long as it is not used for the characters or the caves of FR itself, since they got their one of a kind look from being painted, unless they can find someone that can redo the look of the caves like that...But never the fraggles themselves IMHO. After all it would not be much of a fraggle movie if they weren't in it :wink:. Save the CGI for a cartoon series later IMHO :smile:.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd like to see CGI to assist the puppetry. Something to fill out crowd scenes (much like how animatronics were used in the FR theme song)... and of course, while we'd clearly see a lot of puppet Doozers, I could see a couple little CGI or CGI assisted Doozers around. And of course, we could see a lot of CGI used to assist action sequences with the Fraggles that you couldn't do with a puppeteer alone (like Kermit's flips at the end of MTI).

As for it being a musical, I can see it. No more or less than any of the original muppet movies. Muppet Movies without music just don't have the same feel. And Fraggles, who love to sing and dance most of all, couldn't live without music.

Luke

Reaction score
Somehow I'm not surprised...Let's hope it is one of those for the better rewrites and not the sort that throw out good ideas :smile:
I thought he'd said he would be re-writing a new draft before as Weinstein/Henson were compiling notes for it, so maybe nothing drastic. I guess we shall see! :zany:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I thought he'd said he would be re-writing a new draft before as Weinstein/Henson were compiling notes for it, so maybe nothing drastic. I guess we shall see! :zany:
Yes we will, as a writer myself I've always poked at the idea of how movies are rewritten and edited. Sometimes the first drafts are wonderful :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes we will, as a writer myself I've always poked at the idea of how movies are rewritten and edited. Sometimes the first drafts are wonderful :smile:
Yeah rewrites are a hard fact of movie making. Whether they help or not is really hit or miss.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm only hoping. I mean, I doubt we'd see the Weinsteins would screw around with an artist's vision. But if they add any robots or monkeys or talking banana men, as per what Corey didn't want to see, then I'd be worried.