Weezer's Muppet Show video now on-line

Sweetums74

Reaction score
No Exit?

Just to start- I really did enjoy this preview of the video and I'm looking forward to the "Making of" this weekend. The whole thing was a great concept.

Not to nitpick, but there was something that really stood out for me in this... the backstage exit was missing. I don't know why I noticed this in the first few seconds of the video. I wasn't even looking for things that were "wrong". This is just something that I just jumped out at me.

Maybe it is because I'm a Mahna-Mahna fan. Maybe it is because I liked seeing Gonzo ride his motorcycle out the door. Maybe it is because that is where Luke Skywalker changes into Mark Hamil. Maybe it is because I'm planning on building a model of the backstage area for my palisades figures and I'm really watching the shows to make sure I don't miss the details... I don't know.

I guess if I was an avid Happy Days fan, I would have noticed some of the 'flaws' in Al's Diner in Weezer's Buddy Holly Video.

Oh well-- this was a great video and a great concept. I hope the TRL crowd realizes that the Muppets are more than a Saturday Morning cartoon :smile:

Chris

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Testify, Froggy!

From the Muppet Show to Fraggle Rock and everything else, ALWAYS lots of others runnin' around in the background. It's like, how could you run a theatre or a police station with just a skeleton crew?

Made it feel a little unreal; ie phony.:confused:

But, I still liked it.:smile:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
this is the first song i have heard by Weezer too, i really do like the song, i was afraid it might be a song that would not work with the muppets (when do songs actulay work with the muppets;-) but the song it great!

hmm, i was hoping for more Rowlf in there, and i was hoping you would be able to hear the muppets singing, i'm glad you CAN her miss piggys screams, it's more muppet like, less video like;-)

no one knows anything about Statler, how do we know then? from hearing it? or does it say which puppeteers where there somewhere? he did sound diffrent:mad:

i didn't even see the rabbit,or maybe i did but it was so blurry.

RIZZO is the one that is missing out of all of them, yes i think scooter should have been there but rizzo has really been treated like a rodent this year...wait a second

well he didn't get a nascar or wasn't painted on with gonzo, he wasn't at the " party" for the cars but even sweetums was, there will be no bust or rizzo but that kinda MS reason, what about Floyd? and i haven't seen any stuff on him at Hottopic or anthing like the package says on the muppet boxed keychain from all that other stuff that has come out with kermit, piggy and animal getting the most suff made on them.

poor riz, what a rat

Zack)Rowlf the, well the rats treated like a rat i guess, i just hope he hasn't been forgoten in some of this stuff, he was on the radio show.Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I would have thought that the band member puppets may be in bad shape, but they were at the fest, right?

What's with the Rizzo dis too? I did like the vid though. I think this was a case of not enough hands in the project. Very rare in entertainment these days.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Fozzie and Piggy sounded great, but Statler and Waldorf still don't sound right to me.

Since they are such minor characters, why not audition a lot more folks until they get people who can do the voices properly, instead of handing the characters over to performers who just happen to be employed by Henson already?

Wow, what a lot of witching (minus the "w" add a "b") we're doing.:wink:

I can hardly wait for another Muppet movie, this is the one place in the world where it'll be torn into pieces, and then we'll tear THOSE bits to pieces:big_grin:

Hee hee...CAW!

AruggeRadio

Reaction score
I thought the video was great. It captured the nuttiness of a Muppet show in the span of 4 mn. It was great to see Fozzie and Piggy playing a role in the video which I thought was something that lacked form the Muppet Gala (Yes I know Piggy was on the screen but they were what I missed the most about that night, I mean you can't have the Looney Toon’s without Daffy Duck can you). I think it was a smart choice to recast the voices and they did a great job finding people who can do the voices almost perfect.

As far as the video was concerned i thought that this showed for the first time in many years that the Muppets are supposed to be for an older audience. They are not kids stuff so with having them with one of the hippest bands of the day (Yes Weezer are kind of dorky but hip dorky) I thought that it showed the Muppets are still cool and still could be taught to a whole new audience.

As far as the set you have to remember Music Video's have a very strict budget. The original set probably was struck years ago and no longer exists. I thought they did a nice job of it even if they couldn't include the door leading to pops.

I’m sure they also had a limited muppetering cast available for the shoot that’s why we saw so few. Although whoever did Statler I thought he got Richards Voice down pretty well.

But with all of that I thought that it was one of the most Unique video's I have seen sense Fat Boy Slims Weapon of Choice and i hope its a huge Hit. As many of you have said start requesting it. Let’s try to make this number 1 on TRL.

CW

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
Hmm, yeah, I was wondering why not ALL the main character Muppets where there, I mean, where'd Janice, Dr. Teeth, Floyd Pepper and Zoot go from the EM? Only Animal? That doesn't seems right.

Still, I absolutely ADORED this video, I could watch it non-stop! I also cast in my vote, too! :smile:

dan

Reaction score
Great video!

I'm still shocked...I cannot tell the difference between Frank's and Eric's Piggy! Its unbelievable! Good job!

(Could have used more Muppets):wink:

beaker

Reaction score
>>>They are not kids stuff so with having them with one of the hippest bands of the day (Yes Weezer are kind of dorky but hip dorky)<<<

yeah, i remember back in my day geeky and nerdy could get ya beat up, but when the mid nineties alternative thing came in, the college emo indie alternative music thing made wearing backpacks and lunchboxes cool:wink: Its cool to see Weezer still big, I remember they had their hey day in 94/95 with sweater and buddy holly. I wondered where they went! And that video...oh man, Im surprised there isnt an endless stream of threads on this video like there is for 'ask poor ken about variants for the billionth time' thread. next week, let the tape trading of muppets july 14th tv day begin!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Everyone's saying that Statler sounds funny, but I think he sound's closer to Richard's verison. I think we're just so used to Jerry's Statler - who is great too, don't get me wrong.

What did you think about Fozzie. It took me a while to discover that both Fozzie and Piggy were replaced in this!