Video: Muppets Most Wanted Official Teaser Trailer On-line

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
From analyzing the trailer, it looks like the fake Kermit is hosting the Muppet Show. At :26 seconds in, you can see the collar different than the regular collar Kermit has. Constantine and Ricky Gervais also looked to be in the Muppet Theater on stage at :32 seconds in. Perhaps part of the plot is the real Kermit is in the Russian prison after trying to clear up his name and gets imprisoned because people believe he's the fake Kermit. Kermit is discovered to be the real Kermit by Tiny Fey's character, who then lets Kermit get back to the States towards the end of the film to get his doppelganger and perhaps Ricky Gervais's character and send them back over to European or Russian authorities.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's been behind-the-scenes photos of what looked like Steve performing Constantine, and I wondered whether that was Constantine or Kermit posing as Constantine. But now that we know he has a smaller-pointed collar and slightly different pupils, we know that it is Kermit posing.

Too bad the trailer doesn't have any footage of Constantine talking. That would let us know whether Steve will be performing him.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like this trailer. Obviously it's hard to judge a movie off of one minute, but I do like that Sam, Scooter, and especially Rowlf appeared to be prominent in the trailer. I would love to see them play a large role in the movie.
The fact that Scooter has a number to himself (with the penguins, anyway) made my day. Hopefully Rowlf has a much bigger and better scene than the last film (which was still his biggest Muppet project appearance in years) as well. So far, this movie is completely mopping the floor up with its predecessor as far as I'm concerned.

ploobis

Reaction score
This will be awesome! Scooter singing Moves Like Jagger is what I'm most excited about.
I love that too! David Rudman can really sing and he's been doing a great job keeping Scooter alive! :wink:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I love that too! David Rudman can really sing and he's been doing a great job keeping Scooter alive! :wink:
Mw - I don't believe this! Somebody likes your performance.
:wink:: Gosh, I don't know whose ides for that song, but the cheif did tell me to listen to Maroon 5.
Me - And this song! I thought it was pretty cool! And the penguins were with you, Scooter. Who thought it wasn't so great.
:wink:: That would be Walter!
Me - Well, I just don't know why Walter didn't like it. You know what I was thinking? Everthing is better with Muppets no song you guys do.
:wink:: Yeah and the boss would want us to listen to well... the performers that did the songs.
Me - Gosh, I am pretty smart. I cannot wait for March 2014! YAAAAAAAAY! Well, gotta go, Scooter. I don't want to waste any more of your time.
:wink:: I have to go too. I have to talk to the boss to find out if the fans like the trailer they watched.
Me - Okay! Bye Scooter!

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Phew. Okay. Now I've taken some time out to chillax, I can actually give a proper review.

From what I saw, I liked. Not loved, just liked. I'm glad the mystery of the fabulous gold tuxedo has been solved and I must say Rowlf was looking spectacular. It was great to see Rowlf, Pepe, Rizzo and Sam have such a strong presence and hopefully the Electric Mayhem will follow suit. I mean, come on. It's the Electric freakin' Mayhem!

I trust Ricky Gervais, so I won't begin to question how he'll cope in the film. He'll be awesome as Dominique. The other two human stars I really don't care about, so I'll talk about Constantine for a moment. First of all, he looks like Kermit had gone on a drunken tiki tour through the Bahamas. Second of all, that suits him perfectly.

I think I'm starting to get a handle on the plot line. As far as I can see, Constantine sends Dominique to the Muppets to act as a show producer. Dom convinces the troupe to go on a world tour, they agree and eventually they are in Europe. Constantine and Dom use them as a vice to getting into and robbing all of these places. In the mix of things, Constantine moves in, poses as Kermit and Kermit gets thrown into prison. I'm not sure how the wedding gets involved, but there is the Frog situation as I know it.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Judging by the trailer, this movie is gonna be sillier and more extravagant than TM, which is a good sign. :big_grin: