Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I have been waiting for Dexter's debut!!!!!!! That's how crazy I am. 🤣 There was a short clip of it in Being Elmo.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
YES!!! Thank you SO much for posting the episode with Dexter's debut, Oscarfan!
I remember this episode vividly from childhood and I have wanted to see it again in some form or another for years now!:smile: :search: :laugh::eek::insatiable::batty::super::excited::smirk::big_grin::fanatic::crazy:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Episode 2042 - in which Oscar meets Mr. Snuffleupagus!

https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_2042

This is an interesting episode. Gordon plans to wait by Oscar's can to meet Snuffy, Oscar wants him away and tries to trick him, and when Gordon reluctantly leaves for a moment, Snuffy shows up and Oscar sees him. How interesting that the one who believed in him didn't get to see him while the one who did not believe in him (and Oscar mentions to Gordon that he is Big Bird's imaginary friend early in the episode) did get to see him.

I had been wondering if Oscar confirmed to others he was real or if he chose not to (to keep Big Bird angsty), and we see that when he saw Snuffy, he shouted that he was real, though it seems more because he was wanting Gordon to see Snuffy so he would leave. And Gordon thinks he is lying (since he tried to trick him earlier).

It's interesting, until recently, the wiki hadn't really had guides for season 16 episodes where the adults mention their belief, and only one episode where Oscar is shown interacting with Snuffy (I can't wait to see if there are more than two - and there's nearly 50 episodes after this before the season ends). It would have been funny if Oscar ended up being responsible for all of the adults EXCEPT for the ones who blindly believed Big Bird seeing Snuffy. I would be interested to know if there were any season 16 episodes where Big Bird and Oscar bonded over the fact that they have both seen Snuffy (maybe not likely since Caroll performed both, but the two have also had plenty of interactions with each other).

I feel like the scene where Oscar and Grundgetta make a Snuffleupagus costume to fool Gordon should have had Bruno instead of Grundgetta. Might have been a clever way to have them appear to be together without Bruno carryng Oscar's can, though the size difference might be too different for a two-person costume. Though I think the guide says that one got on top of the other - Bruno is a lot bigger than the grouches, so it could have been Bruno holding Oscar's can over him while covered in the costume.

This episode actually looks a little more epic than episode 1966.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I think this episode, along with the Season 16 premiere, were pretty much a development in the making, which would lead to the events of the 17th season premiere when Snuffy was exposed to the cast. And the rest was history.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Somehow, I missed the fact that a guide for episode 2099 has been on the wiki for over a week.

https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_2099

There's also a guide for episode 2100 (but not images of all the scenes), so the first week of season 17 is fully guided. I wondered if the whole week would involve Snuffy getting to know Big Birds friends, and that was the case with Maria in episode 2097, Bob in episode 2098, and now we know (and I have suspected for years because of a song that I knew appears - and I think others did as well) Gordon in episode 2099. But episode 2100 doesn't have anything to do with Snuffy. Though I see that the next episode starts with Gordon sleeping, and episode 2099 ends with him having trouble sleeping when Snuffy snores, makes me wonder if this was a minor continuity connection (he couldn't sleep with Snuffy's snoring, so after returning home he went straight to bed).

It's interesting I just found that this guide had been fully guided so soon after episode 2042 was guided (but the guide was there longer), since it begins with a flashback to that episode when Gordon waited for Snuffy. Not sure if he mentions how he used to be imaginary or just that he didn't know him back then and is getting to know him now.

Another interesting thing is that it has Gordon babysitting Snuffy, which would come in handy later that season when he adopts Miles. I wonder if that was why they had Gordon babysit Snuffy.

When I saw in the guide that Gordon and Snuffy would be playing hide and seek, I figured that Gordon wouldn't find him, due to how it was so hard to find him before when he was "imaginary". I wonder if any such mention of that is made here (geeze, am I going to ask if they acknowledge his imaginary status every time I see in a season 17 guide something that seems like the opportunity to mention that???).