Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
It looks like, unless I overlooked something, Season 15 in the Muppet wiki may be completed, in terms of summaries at least. Many of the episodes, if not all, are fully guided, including images from street scenes.

So this means Seasons 1, 2, 10 through 13, 15, and 20 onward, are fully completed in terms of segment and scene descriptions. I am not certain if Season 3 is completed yet, in terms of descriptions.

Only Seasons 4 through 9, 14, and 16 through 19, remain to be completed. 11 seasons - though many of the episodes in Seasons 16 through 19 have full summaries, at least. It's almost like the Muppet Wiki has most of the older Sesame Street episodes guided.

Last edited:

Fozzieboba

Reaction score
Somehow, I missed the fact that a guide for episode 2099 has been on the wiki for over a week.

https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_2099

There's also a guide for episode 2100 (but not images of all the scenes), so the first week of season 17 is fully guided. I wondered if the whole week would involve Snuffy getting to know Big Birds friends, and that was the case with Maria in episode 2097, Bob in episode 2098, and now we know (and I have suspected for years because of a song that I knew appears - and I think others did as well) Gordon in episode 2099. But episode 2100 doesn't have anything to do with Snuffy. Though I see that the next episode starts with Gordon sleeping, and episode 2099 ends with him having trouble sleeping when Snuffy snores, makes me wonder if this was a minor continuity connection (he couldn't sleep with Snuffy's snoring, so after returning home he went straight to bed).

It's interesting I just found that this guide had been fully guided so soon after episode 2042 was guided (but the guide was there longer), since it begins with a flashback to that episode when Gordon waited for Snuffy. Not sure if he mentions how he used to be imaginary or just that he didn't know him back then and is getting to know him now.

Another interesting thing is that it has Gordon babysitting Snuffy, which would come in handy later that season when he adopts Miles. I wonder if that was why they had Gordon babysit Snuffy.

When I saw in the guide that Gordon and Snuffy would be playing hide and seek, I figured that Gordon wouldn't find him, due to how it was so hard to find him before when he was "imaginary". I wonder if any such mention of that is made here (geeze, am I going to ask if they acknowledge his imaginary status every time I see in a season 17 guide something that seems like the opportunity to mention that???).
I'd like to know what episode of that season first has "A New Way to Walk" in it

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Oscar thinks Slimy is running away: https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_2373

This one features "He Lost His Duckie". That page sources info that kids found the singing hard to understand so it was pulled not too long after this airing. But it debuted in season 13 and this episode is from season 19 (I won't be surprised if this is its last appearance). The "pulled not long after" made me think it was only shown in season 13, maybe season 14, but this is a six-season difference (though "what links here" currently only shows four or five episodes between that time).

dvakman

Reaction score
I have a question for our muppet wiki experts about the episodes with recycled plots.

As far as you're aware, if back in the day you decided to "skip" the episodes with recycled plots, would you have missed out on any segments? In other words, did the episodes with recycled plots ever contain segment material that was unique and never appeared in any of the episodes with new street scenes?

hooperfan

Reaction score
I have a question for our muppet wiki experts about the episodes with recycled plots.

As far as you're aware, if back in the day you decided to "skip" the episodes with recycled plots, would you have missed out on any segments? In other words, did the episodes with recycled plots ever contain segment material that was unique and never appeared in any of the episodes with new street scenes?
Looking through the episode guide, the answer is yes. Sometimes "new" inserts would be included in recycled plotline episodes