Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

gravy

Reaction score
In the Muppet Wiki, is there a way to easily view a cross reference of all the episodes in which a particular Sesame segment appears? If you click the image corresponding to a particular clip, a window appears listing a few episodes that include the segment, including the earliest instance of it, but only four or five episodes can be seen before it cuts off. Considering all the hard work that is being done cataloguing all these episodes, it's a real drawback that I don't seem to be able to view a full list of the episodes associated with a particular clip. Is there a way to do it?
Does this help?

dvakman

Reaction score
I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that this still isn't clicking for me. Am I using the wrong browser (google chrome)? How do you even get to the page above?

For example, say I want to check out all the episodes w/ Solomon Grundy. I go to the episode 1 page, there's the clip. The only thing I can click is the captured image next to the caption. When I do, a little window pops up, which lists some episodes the clip is in, but not the full list. Looking at the window now, the only link I can see is "see full size image", which leads to a larger image but no other info. What am I missing here?!? Sorry.

scarecroe

Reaction score
The confusion here may be that Gav is logged in and DVAK is not. Logged out users don't see the file information page, they just get redirected the the corresponding article. Not our choice, that's just the way our web host decided to configure the software.

You can do one of two things: 1) create an account which will allow you to see the file landing page. From there you can see the full list that Gav is pointing out. Or 2) copy the file name and use Special:WhatLinksHere to see which episodes use that file.

dvakman

Reaction score
Forget it guys, I just realized that you need to be logged in to access the extra features. I obtained a login long ago but forgot about it! Anyway, thanks for your help.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This sounds like an awesome episode, Uncle Wally makes up a friend similar to Mr. Snuffleupagus, though he's intentionally playing around and trying to fool the others. I wonder if this was the first Wally heard of Snuffleupagus.

https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_2014

The wiki also has guides for the episode where Luis gets his cast off, and the episode after, in which he deals with no longer having the cast, I think episodes 2009 and 2010.

Fozzieboba

Reaction score
Just curious, but do the people on the wiki get money for editing this stuff? Are they famous? I'd like to know the truth.