Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

cjd874

Reaction score
Here are some of the newly released HBO Max classic SS episodes that have been fully (or mostly) guided...

Episode 30: Granny Bird visits. https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_0030
Episode 265: An ice cream machine gets installed. https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_0265
Episode 349: Oscar hires Cookie Monster to make food. https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_0349
Episode 637: The Electric Company visits Sesame Street. https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_0637
Episode 797: Big Bird runs for President. https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_0797
Episode 900: Bert and Ernie's Sing-Along. https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_0900
And plenty more!!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Images from episode 2826 were posted, and I'm not sure whether this is one of those episodes acquired from the secret source or not. I don't think the uploader is among those with the "trusted sources" and videos, but I'm not fully sure. I have checked YouTube and its not there, but it could have just not been uploaded.

https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_2826

It's interesting, for a season 22 episode, we get some Biff and Sully content without Stella, who was introduced this season. Not really a big deal that it's back to them as a duo (though Stella would make a few more appearances later in the season).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Muppet Wiki recently uploaded this clip on both Facebook and Twitter (though the beginning is cut in the Twitter upload):
I think this is the first time Hardhead Henry Harris has a lot of dialogue, and the only pre-season six one (that I know of) where he does have a lot of dialogue. And he does sound a lot different here than in other segments. In Sesame Street Unpaved it says that Roscoe Orman did the voice, which most likely wasn't the case with the seasons 4-5 segments (and his dialogue in those were very brief - I wondered if he was just a random AM used in those segments at first). In the last year, I've seen that the Muppet Wiki page for Hardhead Henry Harries lists his performer as "unknown" while also noting Orman did the voice in one of the albums. Maybe Sesame Street Unpaved only noted Orman as the voice based on the album experience, his regular voice doesn't sound like Roscoe Orman. But here, his voice sounds very different, and while I can't pinpoint who it is, the voice does sound very familiar. Like something I've heard on Sesame Street.

Also interesting how the students are all mad at Roosevelt Franklin for referring to himself as the other great person, when he had pointed out there's two more great people they hadn't named. I don't see how referring to himself as great was different from telling all of them that they are great.

The lesson is about pride and acceptance, but it also seems like a lesson could be that everyone is great, not just celebrities. All the people they mention (in addition to Smart Tina's dentist) are famous people, before Roosevelt tells them that they are all great as well.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Muppet Wiki recently uploaded this clip on both Facebook and Twitter (though the beginning is cut in the Twitter upload):
I think this is the first time Hardhead Henry Harris has a lot of dialogue, and the only pre-season six one (that I know of) where he does have a lot of dialogue. And he does sound a lot different here than in other segments. In Sesame Street Unpaved it says that Roscoe Orman did the voice, which most likely wasn't the case with the seasons 4-5 segments (and his dialogue in those were very brief - I wondered if he was just a random AM used in those segments at first). In the last year, I've seen that the Muppet Wiki page for Hardhead Henry Harries lists his performer as "unknown" while also noting Orman did the voice in one of the albums. Maybe Sesame Street Unpaved only noted Orman as the voice based on the album experience, his regular voice doesn't sound like Roscoe Orman. But here, his voice sounds very different, and while I can't pinpoint who it is, the voice does sound very familiar. Like something I've heard on Sesame Street.

Also interesting how the students are all mad at Roosevelt Franklin for referring to himself as the other great person, when he had pointed out there's two more great people they hadn't named. I don't see how referring to himself as great was different from telling all of them that they are great.

The lesson is about pride and acceptance, but it also seems like a lesson could be that everyone is great, not just celebrities. All the people they mention (in addition to Smart Tina's dentist) are famous people, before Roosevelt tells them that they are all great as well.
It sounds like Frank Oz is doing a voice here.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Because he's elevating himself above the rest of the class. He could said "all of his are great," but he's distancing himself from them.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It sounds like Frank Oz is doing a voice here.
Yeah, and I think I hear a Jerry Nelson voice at the beginning (can't tell if it's the Anything Muppet next to Hardhead or next to Baby Breeze). I wonder if this is the only Roosevelt Franklin sketch where Muppet performer voices are heard.

I kind of feel like this segment is one that Sesame Workshop should make more available. It does feel like an important segment. Then again, the people choosing clips to release on video compilations or online might not be too aware of it. After all, until Muppet Wiki got all those scripts, we didn't know much about this one. I think the Roosevelt Franklin Elementary School page mistakenly listed this as two different segments, based on different program guides saying different things (one saying it was about great black people in history while another description was about Roosevelt telling everybody they are great - how were we supposed to know they were the same bit?).

Part of me might want to say that, if it is a real important segment that's been overlooked, it's obscurity was because of Roosevelt Franklin and that maybe none of his segments are real iconic, but then again, there are Roosevelt clips that tend to be "go to" Roosevelt clips for inclusion in retrospectives - like Roosevelt Franklin Spells His Name (even if Sesame Workshop hasn't made the full clip available in years) and Bad Luck to be Born a Duck, maybe also the here and there sketch, maybe also the talking loud/talking soft sketch.