Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

Fozzieboba

Reaction score
Some people are copying the wiki's Facebook videos. I don't know how Scott feels about that.......

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
When you say "copying" do you mean the users download them and reupload them on their own Facebook pages?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looking at the page for 1936, I learned of an alteration to an old sketch that I was not aware of (but am not surprised they did). It has the Kermit and Grover "toothbrush salesman" sketch, but cuts the ending, I assume the whole part where Kermit bites Grover (surely that's not a post-roll that we happened to previously get an episode with). It seems that one hasn't been broadcast since the 1980s, I figured the ending was too much, but if they did just cut it, I wonder why they discontinued (the edit bad? did they think Kermit's teeth here looked too creepy? - and admittedly, his teeth do look a little creepy compared to his teeth in the health minutes sketch). Assuming it was pulled and not a case of them just not getting around to airing it in the 1990s.

The street scenes look decent as well, with Slimey doing a rhyming trick and Don Music singing a song that just rhymes the word "school".

dvakman

Reaction score
In the Muppet Wiki, is there a way to easily view a cross reference of all the episodes in which a particular Sesame segment appears? If you click the image corresponding to a particular clip, a window appears listing a few episodes that include the segment, including the earliest instance of it, but only four or five episodes can be seen before it cuts off. Considering all the hard work that is being done cataloguing all these episodes, it's a real drawback that I don't seem to be able to view a full list of the episodes associated with a particular clip. Is there a way to do it?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In the Muppet Wiki, is there a way to easily view a cross reference of all the episodes in which a particular Sesame segment appears? If you click the image corresponding to a particular clip, a window appears listing a few episodes that include the segment, including the earliest instance of it, but only four or five episodes can be seen before it cuts off. Considering all the hard work that is being done cataloguing all these episodes, it's a real drawback that I don't seem to be able to view a full list of the episodes associated with a particular clip. Is there a way to do it?
If you click "more info", you'll get to a list. You can click arrows for more pages and see them all, or you can click on a "view all" and see the whole list in one page.

dvakman

Reaction score
Where is "more info"? Perhaps I am blind, or maybe just 43, but I'm not seeing it.