Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I think Noel MacNeal and Matt Vogel also spent time performing Oscar too.
You mean Big Bird, I heard whoever had more lines like say Oscar, Caroll would perform Oscar and someone else would puppeteer Big Bird.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Episode 0524 isn't the first appearance of Oscar's mud man, but it's the first time I've seen him in Muppet form. The episode also has a taped version of "The Sound of the Letter A" which you all know from The Muppet Alphabet Album. It's also got a scene with Oscar and Big Bird on screen together. Finally (my personal favorite), Mr. Hooper and Susan as astronauts.

A couple clips...

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Thanks for doing that Scott!

You could tell toward the end that the interaction was getting a bit stiff. :big_grin:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
The first episode in the Hawaii trip arc, from season 9

A rather amusing one from season 3: Oscar wants to fly

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, how are we going to look at this? Is this an instance of the same character, but played by a different actor (a la our three different Gordons), or is this an entirely different character who just coincidentally happened to be named Maria?

muppet maniac

Reaction score
So, how are we going to look at this? Is this an instance of the same character, but played by a different actor (a la our three different Gordons), or is this an entirely different character who just coincidentally happened to be named Maria?
I think it's the latter.

Anyway...

scarecroe

Reaction score
Not entirely sure yet. Carla Pinza may have been CTW's first attempt at the Maria character Sonia Manzano would play, or it may have been unrelated. There's more research required before we can really say.