Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
We finally have complete episode guides for every season premiere.

The adults begin to believe that Snuffy is real....

There's a scene in this one that's probably my favorite of any we've discovered so far — VIDEO....

I think this scene will officially be considered as one of my top favorite moments from the show's 50 year history. Thank you for sharing it with us, Scott.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That scene is both more amazing than I had expected and less epic than I expected. I like those occasional shots of what I think is supposed to be across the street from the building (I wonder if the wiki needs a sandbox page/gallery of images of parts of the street that don’t normally get to be seen, the skyline makes it look different from how it looks when we do see across the street), I expected it all to be the usual angles up until we got to the sunrise. But I also expected the sunrise to just be a close-up of the sun, without us actually seeing the others in the shot.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
If some episodes really are lost forever (under the impression to give space for other tapes), that’s a shame. Now I’m wondering if 12 really is one of them given that it didn’t leak back in 2014....

hooperfan

Reaction score

There's a scene in this one that's probably my favorite of any we've discovered so far — VIDEO....

Wow! What a beautiful clip... I especially loved it when Gordon says, "Then I believe you..." Can you believe ol' crazy Hooperfan started getting a little emotional seeing this? Scenes like this prove that this was just more than a TV show geared at preschool children. Like it had been said before: "Sesame Street is a show your child can watch... It's also a show that YOU can watch"

D'Snowth

Reaction score

This is some of the best acting the humans have ever done on the show - they all feel so believable and genuine in their various different emotions, from seeing that Gordon and Maria are touched and moved by Big Bird's monologue about knowing the difference between what's real and what's imaginary, as well as the utter shock and disbelief from Olivia, Bob, and Susan over they and Linda conceding to Big Bird's insistence over Snuffy being real . . . I even really like Bob's notion of wanting to believe Big Bird, but can't bring himself to do so simply because he's never seen a Snuffleupagus - it's cynical, but not overly condescending or dismissive; he feels like he's just being a realist.

cjd874

Reaction score

Well, God **** if that isn't one of the most poignant and critical moments ever shown on Sesame Street. Big Bird's speech is absolutely amazing, and it's even more incredible when Gordon, Maria, and Linda take the leap of faith and decide to believe Big Bird. It shows how important it is for adults to believe what children say, when it's appropriate and in the right context. And Olivia's remark that "it's the dawn of a new day" is symbolic not just because of the literal sunrise, but also because Snuffy would be revealed next season. I'm just sad that Mr. Hooper (arguably Big Bird's closest adult friend) never got to meet Snuffy.

Last edited:

hooperfan

Reaction score
Watching that clip again..Anybody notice, in the beginning of the scene, Maria has her arm around David...

At the end of the scene, Luis, has his arms around Maria? :frown:

Wondering if the writers were already having plans on making Maria and Luis a couple by this time