TMS Season 2 Box Set - 2007 Release?

anathema

Reaction score
Feknoze said:
I am starting to wonder because of the delay if they are heading to blueray of HD-DVD. That would of course be awesome if they could release perfect copies or perhaps someway remastered. No compression needed. all the features that could be incorporated.
Wrong. The series was - obviously - shot in SD; there would be absolutely no advantage to upping it to HD and a number of serious drawbacks. Both HDDVD and BluRay are compressed formats - neither will support uncompressed video at any resolution as the datarates required are far too high.

Both disc formats do support SD video, so you could in principle get an entire season of TMS onto one or two discs, but that's unlikely to happen: the marketing push for the new formats is the HD picture and there is no incentive to put SD material out on them and risk confusing the buyers.

I think Muppet Treasure Island was filmed in Hi-Def, (or at least shown in hi-def on sky)
MTI was shot on film! An HD video transfer would of course be possible, and presumably one will be done as/when there's a need for it. The same applies to anything shot on 35mm or better (16mm can also be transferred to HD, but there's less benefit) so any of the Muppet Movies could conceivably get a HDDVD/BluRay release in the future.

i'm assuming the same can be said for MWOO.
Possibly it was - it's recent enough - but it's by no means certain.

Who knows maybe they are just holding back for that reason. I would rather they switched media now, than 5 years down the line when I have all 5 series of muppets on DVD.
Why? Would you buy them again just because there was a new release? There would be absolutely no improvement in picture or sound quality.

I'll say it again: scaling SD video to HD is *pointless*. You cannot invent picture details that weren't recorded in the first place...

anathema

Reaction score
MuppetsRule said:
Good question. When is Season 2 expected to be released?
Noone* knows yet.

* Including Disney, apparently :-P

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
JJandJanice said:
Well really I try to show almost anything Muppets, mostly the movies, everything from "The Muppet Movie" to "The Muppet Wizard of Oz, I do agree that a lot of the DVDs the kids want to wacth from my collection (Family Guy and such) aren't really shows that kids should be wacthing, which is way (going back to my earlier statement.), I go ahead and show them some Disney Pixar movies, instead.
Wait, you're showing them Family Guy?? Were there any Muppet references on the episodes you're showing them?? Family Guy: Subliminally Turning FG Fans Into Muppet Fans, One Reference At A Time.
I do agree with you Marky that IAVMMCM was a better Muppet film than say, Muppets Wizard of Oz, but still it's not like it made the Muppets into the huge stars they were in the 70's and 80's.

I do also think Prawncracker made a good statement.

I don't know why everyone here is thinking that Disney won't release TMS season 2. Season one was a huge seller, there is money to be made. Disney is a bussiness, first and formost. Think about it for a moment,please, why in the world would they spend all the money that they did for the rights to the Muppets and the Muppet library and do nothing with it. When Micheal Jackson bought the rights to the Beatles songs, he didn't just sit on it, nope he made millions selling thoes songs to commericals and "best of" cds and all that good stuff. Disney will do the same, there is no way they would spend all the money they did on the Muppets and do nothing with them.

Maybe Disney is taking longer with the Muppet Show season two, because this time it will be uncut episodes. Did anyone think about that?
Seriously, guys, stop whining.

You really want it done right, and Disney is trying much harder to please us Muppet fans.

That Muppet Mobile Laboratory looks like so much fun!!

I wish that you guys would stop disparaging Diz. Sure, they are faltering now, but they're trying to find a Muppets show that will remain true to the old TMS but spice things up a little. Give it time, guys. Iger needs to focus on other ventures.

BJ

MWoO

Reaction score
I don't see why they would shelve the set when they have the poll up advertising it. I think it is morel ikely that it is taking more time to get as little editing as possiible.

D

Dil

The Muppet Show Season 1 DVD is so much too "best-sellin'", that so many of the Season 1 DVD fans are forgetting about Pigs in Space, Beaker, Janice's modern voice, and other stuff that began in Season 2.

(Give up already.)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Dil said:
The Muppet Show Season 1 DVD is so much too "best-sellin'", that so many of the Season 1 DVD fans are forgetting about Pigs in Space, Beaker, Janice's modern voice, and other stuff that began in Season 2.
Don't think fans will forget about Beaker. He's been one of the most popular characters for years. He still appears in major Muppet productions (though I can't think of anything he's been in since The Muppets Wizard of Oz). There is going to be a new Disney attraction featuring him. I don't think Janice's modern voice or Pigs in Space will be forgotten by casual fans, either, though Beaker is probably the least likely to be forgotten about.

MWoO

Reaction score
Dil said:

(Give up already.)
What does give up already mean exactly. Was this some kind of scarastic post? Hope so. I seriously doubt Beaker would be foregotten completely because of season 1 being released.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Dil said:

(Give up already.)
What?:confused:

No one is forgetting anything like that??? Everything mention there has become big parts of the Muppet Show. If anything that just adds more to why we all want the season two set out.

And yeah what do you mean by "Give up already?"

:confused: :confused:

giovannii

Reaction score
I have a friend who bought SEason 1 and asked me where Beaker and Pigs In Space were.

It's a shame Beaker wasnt in the 1st season.

John