Tis' the Season...For Cookies & Presents!

SSLFan

Reaction score
Just Kidding.:smile:

It's December 1st, & Christmas
Is Right Around the Corner!

Lol. Well like last year, most of you know I can't wait for the holiday season! It has to be my most favorite time of year. It's not just about the presents, but spending time with family and friends. I know that sounds cheesy, but it's TRUE!

I know I haven't been on like I used to, but MC is like a second family to me, you all make me feel so welcome. So, it's a pleasure spending the holidays with each and every one of you! Whether you celebrate Christmas or Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or Groundhog Day (!), I wish you all the best this upcoming season! So bring on the egg nog and those old Christmas specials! XD

:wisdom:Happy Holidays Everybody!:insatiable:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
My dad gets this really delicious cookie catalog evry year!:insatiable: But yeah! I can't wait to spend Christmas this year visiting extended family! :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've just started watching old Christmas commercials, lol. Call me crazy, I just love them! :halo:

Times are hard right now, but when you think about it, times were hard even during the very first Christmas. I don't think the main point of the holiday is to be blindy merry. It's to remember to have hope, despite's life's troubles. And take the time to remember the ones we care about, and those less fortunate. :smile:

Kiki

Reaction score
Ahh Christmas, remember- Jesus is the reason for the season! A true holy holiday... actually, it originated from paganism, because Mary was like... okay, I'm getting started, I gab on fer ages... lol.
'Tis the season to watch all the Christmas specials! Well, come to think of it, I'm always watching Christmas specials... anything of the year. I watch Christmas Eve on SS prolly once a month, haha.
My brother and I bought the same present fer eachother, lol! It was the Black Ice AC/DC top. They have the exact same print and everything, only mine's a for a girl, but...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Ahh Christmas, remember- Jesus is the reason for the season! A true holy holiday... actually, it originated from paganism
Well you know it's a fact that all religions borrowed from each other through the ages, which I think worked overall, hehe. :wink:

I like that the story ends up being about the Son of God being born in a stable, instead of a palace, giving dignity to the poor and regular human beings. And the idea that a baby symbolizes hope--a very important lesson to remember. :smile:

Kiki

Reaction score
Yep, that's the beauty of Christmas: the "concept" (not exactly..) has been borrowed from eachother, and yeah- it /has/ worked well, really. Haha, "the beauty of Christmas", I sound like I've just come out of a Christmas special, lol! :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Haha, "the beauty of Christmas", I sound like I've just come out of a Christmas special, lol! :wink:
Haha, yeah I miss the Christmas specials of the '80s when people weren't afraid of being too corny, lol.

Kiki

Reaction score
Haha, yeah I miss the Christmas specials of the '80s when people weren't afraid of being too corny, lol.
Same, I really miss the corniness of the earlier Chrissie specials. I must say though, I got a Mickey Christmas special a couple of months ago and I really enjoyed it. It wasn't that cheesy, but it was really sweet, and had a good message, too! :wink:
You want cheesy? I have Santa Claus Defeats The Aliens on video- lol!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You want cheesy? I have Santa Claus Defeats The Aliens on video- lol!
Do you mean Santa Claus Conquers the Martians? I love that, especially with the Mystery Science Theater guys, lol. But even by itself, it is sort of sweet how the Martian family learns to love Christmas. Sweet...but corny, hehe.

Kiki

Reaction score
Very much so. :smile: Oh, is it Santa Claus Conquers the Martins? That's odd, because my video says 'Santa Claus Defeats the Aliens', then again,my version does look a bit el cheapo, somethning you'd find at the front of a suss drug store or newsagency, y'know?

Man, I need to watch it again... I'll have to bring out of all the specials, won't I?