Tis' the Season...For Cookies & Presents!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh, is it Santa Claus Conquers the Martins? That's odd, because my video says 'Santa Claus Defeats the Aliens'
Yeah that's the alternate title, same movie. Don't know why there's an alterate title but, lol.

Yeah I'll have to get all my specials out too, like March of the Wooden Soldiers, Rugrats Christmas (the original!), and Charlie Brown Christmas. And thankfully ABC Family is still airing the old claymation specials, and that quasi anime cartoon 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, lol. :smile:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Yeah, Christmas is all about peace, love and hope...but in a lot of ways we've managed to drown out that message, unfortunately. (Any of you guys hear about that really nasty incident at that Wal-Mart on Long Island?)

I'm probably not alone in saying this, but I'm just feeling a tad overwhelmed about the approaching holidays. Then again, that's the way I've been every December since I was 13.

Kiki

Reaction score
Just put up the Chrissie tree with all of the old original decorations which my Mum had when she was little. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, Christmas is all about peace, love and hope...but in a lot of ways we've managed to drown out that message, unfortunately. (Any of you guys hear about that really nasty incident at that Wal-Mart on Long Island?)

I'm probably not alone in saying this, but I'm just feeling a tad overwhelmed about the approaching holidays. Then again, that's the way I've been every December since I was 13.
Another reason Wal Mart should be outlawed. I pray for all the people involved in that horrible event. I'm not terribly surprised by the behavior of the patrons to be honest, though very disapointed. People complain that the holidays have become too secular. I think the problem no one wants to talk about is ho the holidays have been, and continue to be too commercial.

I'm going through a lot of stress right now and technically shouldn't feel like being all that happy. But like I said before, Christmas isn't about ignoring problems, it's about hope for the present and future. :smile:

I mean the most popular Christmas film ever, It's a Wonderful Life, is really quite depressing for most of the story. But in the end, Jimmy Stewart's character remembers the value of his life and friends and family, even and especially when times are bad.

Xevia

Reaction score
I have a long list of Christmas movies that I have to watch before Christmas, I have already watched A Muppet Christmas Carol, and Elf. I love those! :excited:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Yeah, I read about it the day after in the paper. They also had, in the article on Black Friday, a photo of the first wave of shoppers hurtling into Macy's at five in the morning, and there were accounts of scuffles and fist fights over this and that...I just felt really depressed when I put the paper down.

Same here; I'm also a little stressed over various things these days, about keeping all my stories on deadline and all that. But at least it's not like this time last year or four years ago, when I was frantically studying for finals and hammering out term papers in college. (That's one part of academic life I don't miss.)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Same here; I'm also a little stressed over various things these days, about keeping all my stories on deadline and all that. But at least it's not like this time last year or four years ago, when I was frantically studying for finals and hammering out term papers in college. (That's one part of academic life I don't miss.)
Also, so many people are unemployed right now, you were very fortunate to find a job, and in something you love. :smile:

Pork

Reaction score
Pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding!

is delicious

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding, pudding!

is delicious
Gee...I wonder...do you happen to like pudding, Anna?:confused:

anytimepally

Reaction score
my roommate and I bought a Christmas Tree the other day, and it's potted, so we can keep it year-round and use it next year, too.. also, because we're both going to be out of town this year, we're leaving Santa beer instead of milk :coy: