The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
GHOSTS seems like it would actually have worked a lot better if it was an outlandish mid-60s sitcom, like THE ADDAMS FAMILY, THE MUNSTERS, or BEWITCHED.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I honestly thought it was a reboot of one of a show like that at first.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just wish single-camera sitcoms like that would go back to the way they were back in the 60s and not be afraid to be fun, as opposed to still going for this whole "sophisticated" and "intellectual" approach with no laughter, minimal music, and the constantly-moving camera shots like it's all hand-held or something.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Hey Vern It’s Ernest and The Weird Al Show were both inspired by Pee-see’s Playhouse (I think Weird Al Yankovic said on the commentary that he did not want people to see his show as similar, but CBS promoted the show as being like it), and all three shows had an episode focusing on all of the holidays (likely to have a Christmas-like episode that could be repeated throughout the year as opposed to waiting until next year).

Pee-wee had Playhouse Day, so it’s really a made ho holiday, but it includes elements of all the holidays.

Ernest had Hey Vern, It’s Holidays!, where he tries to set a world record for celebrating all the holidays in one day.

The Weird Al Show had The Obligatory Holiday Episode, where he throws a holiday party celebrating every holiday, due to him and his friends all being in disagreement over what holiday to celebrate (so it couldn’t be the nearest holiday? Must have taken place in August or September, or maybe June).

And yet both Weird Al and Ernest’s shows were only one season each, while Pee-we’d holiday episode came in the fourth or fifth season (and after the show had done a Christmas special).

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
(I think Weird Al Yankovic said on the commentary that he did not want people to see his show as similar, but CBS promoted the show as being like it)
I heard the opposite. He wanted the show to be like Pee-wee’s Playhouse, but CBS tried to make it a semi-educational show instead.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I heard the opposite. He wanted the show to be like Pee-wee’s Playhouse, but CBS tried to make it a semi-educational show instead.
I should listen to the commentary again (I think it would be in the first episodes commentary). Or maybe he did want the shows to be similar but did not want the comparisons to be made (I remember nearly every article I saw about the show back in 1997 referring to the show being like Pee-wee’s Playhouse… and then I saw it and thought it was NOT like that show, mainly because there weren’t any major puppets, but it had been a long time since I had last seen the show, I didn’t even watch often during the last season).

EDIT TO ADD: Yes, CBS wanted it to be educational. But that doesn’t mean they wouldn’t promote the comparisons.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It seems like the word "cathartic" has become really popular to use in recent years, almost to the point that it feels like one of those words that kids learn for the first time, then start using it in almost every sentence they can.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be honest, I’ve come to realize with my 3 year anniversary on twitter coming up soon, signing up on that website was both a mistake and a blessing.

A mistake because I did not realize how dishonestly double-standardly woke that website is and not to mention how narcissistic so many people are to the point I seriously question how they were raised (and it doesn’t help some seriously cannot take what they dish out) that you can just already tell there’s an agenda or double-standard when someone is “preaching” about something in a very passive-aggressive manner…. But it was also a blessing because I do enjoy following my favorite public icons even if I may not agree with everything they talk about, I got to meet a lot of cool people in the voice over and cartoon community (the former unfortunately also having some pretty woke people as well), I’ve gotten a bit closer with the Thomas community and best of all, found some gorgeously beautiful NSFW artwork on there! (Snowth can attest to that 😅).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, NSFW artwork isn't something I follow on Twitter.

But honestly, I'm seriously considering dumping Twitter altogether, because, as I said in another thread, Twitter is turning into what Reddit used to be (while Reddit seems to be turning into what Twitter used to be): nothing more than a troll playground, particularly for the kinds of passive-aggressive and woke narcissists you speak of . . . and truth be told, people seem more responsive to things I post on Facebook and Instagram than they do Twitter . . . just about the only time anybody ever responds to anything I post on Twitter is the masses take issue with my unpopular opinions, then suddenly my post(s) explode(s) (like when I recently had a legion of Swifties @ me for saying the world didn't need her to re-record and re-release her own ****** music).

Unfortunately, one of the only reasons I even stay on Twitter is because certain specific people I follow have either left Facebook altogether (Anndi McAfee), or aren't really on Facebook much and/or won't accept friend requests (Grey DeLisle-Griffin), so Twitter is the only place I can still follow them . . . and even so, 95% of the time, my responses to their tweets and posts tend to go unnoticed anyway, so it's almost like there's no point to being on Twitter anymore . . . they literally never even email me about unread nofitications or DMs anymore, despite my settings being turned on for such.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
As I said before, the honest truth is the show biz life can be a very busy life and it’s easy for tweets to go unnoticed because they have lives outside of social media and unfortunately many fans follow them so it’s easy for tweets to get lost in a sea of tweets. Personally I’m always grateful if I at least get a like when I comment (and if I’m lucky to get a reply, that’s also a plus).

Regarding DMs….. sorry to say but I would not feel comfortable DMing any of them unless it’s for a professional purpose because I don’t know them personally and don’t know what they’re capable of behind closed doors (even if their tweets at least give off an idea of what they’re like) and in the end, they’re all complete strangers to me even if I know them in my favorite shows. I’m speaking as someone who’s had my address leaked on the internet in 2008 and dealt with harassing phone calls via a then-14-year-old YouTube troll who a year later just….. abandoned the internet, as well as someone who’s been stalked in both real life and the internet.

If you want to leave Twitter then that’s completely up to you. I’m not going to stop you.