The "You know what?" thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be honest, I’ve come to realize with my 3 year anniversary on twitter coming up soon, signing up on that website was both a mistake and a blessing.

A mistake because I did not realize how dishonestly double-standardly woke that website is and not to mention how narcissistic so many people are to the point I seriously question how they were raised (and it doesn’t help some seriously cannot take what they dish out) that you can just already tell there’s an agenda or double-standard when someone is “preaching” about something in a very passive-aggressive manner…. But it was also a blessing because I do enjoy following my favorite public icons even if I may not agree with everything they talk about, I got to meet a lot of cool people in the voice over and cartoon community (the former unfortunately also having some pretty woke people as well), I’ve gotten a bit closer with the Thomas community and best of all, found some gorgeously beautiful NSFW artwork on there! (Snowth can attest to that 😅).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, NSFW artwork isn't something I follow on Twitter.

But honestly, I'm seriously considering dumping Twitter altogether, because, as I said in another thread, Twitter is turning into what Reddit used to be (while Reddit seems to be turning into what Twitter used to be): nothing more than a troll playground, particularly for the kinds of passive-aggressive and woke narcissists you speak of . . . and truth be told, people seem more responsive to things I post on Facebook and Instagram than they do Twitter . . . just about the only time anybody ever responds to anything I post on Twitter is the masses take issue with my unpopular opinions, then suddenly my post(s) explode(s) (like when I recently had a legion of Swifties @ me for saying the world didn't need her to re-record and re-release her own ****** music).

Unfortunately, one of the only reasons I even stay on Twitter is because certain specific people I follow have either left Facebook altogether (Anndi McAfee), or aren't really on Facebook much and/or won't accept friend requests (Grey DeLisle-Griffin), so Twitter is the only place I can still follow them . . . and even so, 95% of the time, my responses to their tweets and posts tend to go unnoticed anyway, so it's almost like there's no point to being on Twitter anymore . . . they literally never even email me about unread nofitications or DMs anymore, despite my settings being turned on for such.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
As I said before, the honest truth is the show biz life can be a very busy life and it’s easy for tweets to go unnoticed because they have lives outside of social media and unfortunately many fans follow them so it’s easy for tweets to get lost in a sea of tweets. Personally I’m always grateful if I at least get a like when I comment (and if I’m lucky to get a reply, that’s also a plus).

Regarding DMs….. sorry to say but I would not feel comfortable DMing any of them unless it’s for a professional purpose because I don’t know them personally and don’t know what they’re capable of behind closed doors (even if their tweets at least give off an idea of what they’re like) and in the end, they’re all complete strangers to me even if I know them in my favorite shows. I’m speaking as someone who’s had my address leaked on the internet in 2008 and dealt with harassing phone calls via a then-14-year-old YouTube troll who a year later just….. abandoned the internet, as well as someone who’s been stalked in both real life and the internet.

If you want to leave Twitter then that’s completely up to you. I’m not going to stop you.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean in general, if I have unread notifications or DMs on Twitter, I don't receive any emails notifying me of such anymore, despite having my settings turned on for such.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My bad, I mis-read your comment. That’s interesting you don’t get those notifications.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
One thing I realized about this year is how I pretty much never got to hang out with friends at all throughout 2021. 🥲 felt like such an outcast since I came into this apartment. 🤪

minor muppetz

Reaction score
On South Park, Mr. Hankey delivers to all kids who have a lot of fiber in their diet, and doesn't care if they celebrate Christmas or Hanuka or whatever... But his title is "Mr. Haneky the Christmas Poo". Shouldn't "Christmas" be left out of that? Maybe he could be called "Mr. Hankey the Holiday Poo" instead.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Much like Jessica DiCicco, I wouldn't say Lara Jill Miller is a woman of a thousand voices; Libby sounds just like Lisa Loud, but without the expansive vocabulary.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
As I said before, I care more for the acting than the vocal range personally cause not every voice actor has that.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
On the topic of Lara Jill, given their similar vocal tones and types of characters they voice, I’ve always considered her a poor man’s Kate Micucci. The only difference is Micucci’s voice is higher.