The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think they clearly went for somebody who the younger generation would be able to recognize - I don't believe Catherine O'Hara - brilliant as she is - is somebody the younger generation would be entirely familiar with. It's kind of like how they got Tiffany to voice Judy in THE JETSON MOVIE back in the 80s instead of Janet Waldo.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’m 100% convinced this guy probably spends his time on Reddit.

Either way, props to the dad for not putting up with this guy’s ****.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’m 100% convinced this guy probably spends his time on Reddit.

Either way, props to the dad for not putting up with this guy’s ****.
The clerk could’ have saved himself so much hassle if he just apologized. Saying something offensive is bad enough. Doubling down on it makes it worse.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’m 90% convinced the woman’s “platinum” card is probably her husband’s and she hasn’t worked a day in her life with her incredibly self-entitled attitude.

Either way, this woman was just incredibly annoying and you can tell the manager just wants to be done with her. Though I have to admit the guy filming was also pretty annoying.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Getting older is realizing Family Guy really should have just ended after season 3 (even if I don’t mind 4-7).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Going back to the subject of Zendaya as the new voice of Lola Bunny, a lot of people couldn't understand the reasoning behind this casting decision, and I had theorized that one element of such a decision for purely for marketing purposes . . . and, as it turns out, spoiler alert, I was right, because now we're seeing that she's getting a special billing in new promotional material (i.e. BUGS BUNNY, DAFFY DUCK, PORKY PIG, and ZENDAYA as the voice of LOLA BUNNY).

Needless to say, animation buffs are not at all happy about Hollywood, once again, basically ignoring actual voice actors who are trained in the craft, while making sure the name of the A-list celebrity doing voice work is put out there.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I get why Hollywood chooses to use A-list celebs for feature films - if it means bringing in good box office money (cause sorry to say how many movies adapted from a TV series with your regular cable television VAs actually did well critically and commercially?), but this is a case where it feels incredibly forced - they knew Space Jam 2 would bomb completely if they were all TV vas, which is why this happened. 🤷🏿‍♂️