The "You know what?" thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It is. If a man is aggressive to a woman, my instinct would be to step in. Out of chivalry if nothing else.
But a woman attacking a man, either the man did something really bad, or he’s a wimp.
Or the woman is some psychotic beast. Ironically enough, a woman might step in, but not a man.
This is why they have female police officers to handle aggressive females.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since we're still on this subject, there are also certain "rules" that have be followed when complimenting women now, particularly if it pertains to their appearances . . . for example, one "rule" is you can't say, "You look good in that outfit," so instead you must say, "That outfit looks good on you." That's fair enough, I suppose. Then again, another "rule" is if a compliment is something you wouldn't say to a(nother) man, then don't say it to a woman.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It is. If a man is aggressive to a woman, my instinct would be to step in. Out of chivalry if nothing else.
But a woman attacking a man, either the man did something really bad, or he’s a wimp.
Or the woman is some psychotic beast. Ironically enough, a woman might step in, but not a man.
This is why they have female police officers to handle aggressive females.
Man or woman I’d step in regardless. It infuriates me how society has these ridiculous expectations for men that we have to be these big tough guys who don’t take **** from anyone, but if a woman is abusing us, nah, we just gotta deal with it and be a man. No. I’ve dealt with plenty of toxic women in my life, one who tried (and failed) to ruin my life recently (and karma caught her BIG time!). Women are not always innocent. But society likes to paint the picture that they are.

Since we're still on this subject, there are also certain "rules" that have be followed when complimenting women now, particularly if it pertains to their appearances . . . for example, one "rule" is you can't say, "You look good in that outfit," so instead you must say, "That outfit looks good on you." That's fair enough, I suppose. Then again, another "rule" is if a compliment is something you wouldn't say to a(nother) man, then don't say it to a woman.
I mean I can understand the first one. Saying “you look good in that outfit” can come off a bit questionable and a little creepy. But I’m not exactly sure what you mean with the second one unless it falls under cat calling.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But I’m not exactly sure what you mean with the second one unless it falls under cat calling.
No, just basically commenting on men like men do with women . . . things like, "you're cute," or "you have nice hair," or like we just mentioned, "that outfit looks good on you" the basic idea is if it's something one man wouldn't say to another man, then they shouldn't even say it to women. I think there was once a YouTube video about this, but I wouldn't know what to look for.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean in that case I see it like this. Some women just feel insecure about comments like that, which in that case I just keep my mouth shut if that’s what it turns out to be, but I think the big thing is just watching how you word your compliments.

In the end it really just depends on the individual woman really and what mood they’re in.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I don’t think I would say “You’re cute!” to a total stranger, much less “Hey, Cutie Pie!”

We mentioned this before. I still believe in holding a door open for a woman, out of being polite. I never ran into any woman who ever took offense at this gesture.

Good manners don’t cost anything.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I hold a door open for anybody, even though once upon a time a man holding a door open for non-women was considered a "gay" stigma.

Honestly, if I hold a door open for one person, then suddenly it's like everybody in the world suddenly wants to march through that door.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The most people I ever held the door for at one time was five. The last guy held the door for me.
Good manners are still free.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So remember a while back when I was discussing how one of my many childhood houses had been converted from residential property to commercial property? Thanks to Google Maps street view, I was able to put together a visual comparison of the structure.

That window on the far left was my bedroom. It looks like a small house on the outside, but it was actually quite bigger on the inside.