The "You know what?" thread

mariolover

Reaction score
You know what I’ve learned with amazon?

Once an item says “currently unavailable,“ you pretty much know it’s never coming back in stock. 🤷🏿‍♂️
Not always. Disney Pixar's Cars VHS was out of stock for the longest time, then I finally found a copy back in 2013 after searching since like 2010.

mariolover

Reaction score
I just realized I am the only one at my college who wears a face shield! Everyone else just wears a regular mask!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean, long as you’re protecting yourself and everyone else, that’s all that matters.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've had my computer for almost nine years, and I'm guessing that the L key is the one I've used the most, as it's the one key that no longer has its symbol on it at all . . . and I guess N comes in second, because there's only half an N still left on the key.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Isn't production music fun?

This is one of the Killer Tracks (before Universal bought them out) I've been planning on using as part of the soundtrack for Steve D'Monster's snow day short film that I still haven't been able to work on yet.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A lot of my favorite Sesame Street inserts, or at least a lot of the ones I’ve been really enjoying lately, come from seasons 16 and 17. Which includes segments I may not have been familiar with until seeing them online recently, or I had seen them before but hadn’t watched or cared about much but then a few weeks ago I have been watching a lot. And many of them in particular don’t have any regular characters (or are film inserts).

some of these favorites from season 16 include:
  • Carly Simon sings “Be with Me”
  • Loretta Lynn and the Count sing “Count on Me”
  • N-TV
  • Danger’s No Stranger
  • Wet Paint
  • Sunglasses Salesman (or is it the hair piece salesman bit that came this season and this one in season 14?)
  • Water Babies
  • Kids Just Love to Brush
  • Rappin’ Alphabet
  • Professor Grover’s Bath Time Tips
  • Super Grover: Computer
  • Smokey Robinson sings “U Really Got a Hold on Me”
  • And I guess most of the Teeny Little Super Guy segments debuted in season 16 (though how many were produced for season 15 I don’t know)

some of these favorites from season 17 include:
  • The first two Miami Mice segments
  • Kermit and Elmo talk about happy and sad
  • Snuffy takes off
  • Frog Kickin’
  • Imagine That
  • Rebel L
  • Daddy Helps with the Dishes
  • The three segments featuring Danny DeVito

I’m sure there’s other seasons with a particularly big amount of segments I really like or want to see, and maybe in the future I’ll suddenly be looking at a lot of segments I’ll suddenly like and they’ll happen to be from the same season, but it is interesting how lately I’ve been enjoying so many segments from those two seasons (and if there is ever an Old School Volume 4, those will be my picks for bonus segments).

Huh, I was thinking there’d been a number of film segments from those seasons I was a big fan of, but in thinking about the segments, I could only think of one for each season (not counting Teeny Little Super Guy). But I did find them on the same day and watched back to back and was swayed with the music (and I found that both were written by Joe Raposo).

Also, it seems like most of those have been officially uploaded by Sesame Workshop.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
A lot of those 80s music video-styled songs/parodies from 16/17 are likewise some of my go-to SS songs.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A lot of those 80s music video-styled songs/parodies from 16/17 are likewise some of my go-to SS songs.
Yeah. Seems they were interested in spoofing MTV a lot, with MTV-style introductions.

Still, season 16 had at least two veejays performed by Fran Brill, one of whom wasn’t named. I wonder if they should have just used the same veejay both times. One was an alliterative N name for NTV, but that wouldn’t matter much. Sesame Music Videos would have been a preferable recurring segment over gimmicky MTV parodies.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean I think the first VJ was just meant to be a generic 80s chick with a sassiness to her.

Nora Nicks meanwhile definitely gave off a big Nina Blackwood parody, with her personality and mannerism of speaking.