The "You know what?" thread

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I mean I think the first VJ was just meant to be a generic 80s chick with a sassiness to her.

Nora Nicks meanwhile definitely gave off a big Nina Blackwood parody, with her personality and mannerism of speaking.
I do prefer how the Wet Paint host talks.

I wonder what it would have been like it SMV was a recurring thing and used for more songs. I could see such intros being used for such songs as Healthy Food, Don’t Throw That Trash on the Ground, Rebel L, Monster in the Mirror, Mountain of Love, The Word is No, Wet or Dry, and if it debuted a little earlier I could see an introduction for Exercise and Street Garden Cooperation.

But considering the introduction was soon cut from Wet Paint, it might be for the best. I don’t really know why it was cut, my guess is that it made the segment too long, but i don’t think they ever cut the introductions for NTV or A New Way to Walk.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure “SMV” was made exclusively for “Wet Paint,” given the fact that Sesame Workshop probably knew How Now and his band would be short-lived (after all, their while schtick was to parody then-current new wave rock music videos on MTV, and there’s only so many songs you can do in that style), and they probably wanted to give them a backstory.

I think the reason it was cut was because “Danger’s No Stranger” never had an introduction, and it would probably be a little odd having one song with no introduction while the other you have to wait through it. That’s just my guess. The only thing that sucks about it is it hurts the pre-verse opening with the eight drum beat count down (I noticed in airings and uploads without the intro, it cuts a bit short on the drum beats), which is why I made this, combined with the extended airing to make the full 2:21 song:

As for “NTV“ and “A New Way to Walk,” the former was never cut and it’d be kind of hard to do that with how the segment transitions from the intro to the video, unless they had some pre-roll footage with a drum beat count down. The latter had some episodes with the “MacTV” intro removed.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Remember that one sketch from the Linda Rondstat episode of The Muppet Show where a very gloomy, depressed guy was singing a song about how happy he was while surrounded by cobwebs in an equally sad looking atmosphere? I have a feeling that particular Whatnot Muppet was inspired by the classic cartoon character Droopy Dog.

While I'm not a Droopy expert by any means, I still recognize the iconic character's voice just because of all the times it's been referenced in pop culture. That voice sounds nearly identical to that of the previously mentioned Muppet. Similar voice, negative attitude, sounds pretty Droopy-inspired to me!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Remember earlier this year those killer wasps that came over from Asia? Killed a lot of bees and a few people? For a couple days that was gripping news. Now it’s all but forgotten.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I never even saw such wasps. It was literally just a “okay cool” moment that got overhyped by the media.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
They made it as far as Washington state, but they didn’t swarm the whole country.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know what’s one thing I can actually thank this absolute headache of a year for?

Shaping myself up. While I’ve cut ties with a lot more toxic friends this year, it’s also helped me look at myself and learn some of my own toxic traits I have with myself.

It’s also helped me to just learn that what people think about me isn’t my responsibility if I know I’m not trying to antagonize them in some way.

Also just learning to be honest with myself if I know there’s something/someone affecting my life negatively.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
During my high school years, of course we had the required reading materials that every high schooler has to read: TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD, THE ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER, and the like . . . but one supposed required reading book that we never read was THE GREAT GATSBY. Don't know why, and I never even knew it was a required read in high school until that movie adaptation came out years ago . . . and now I see that since the book has entered public domain, apparently the whole world wants a Muppet movie version of it.

So . . . can somebody please basically sum up what this whole story is all about?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Every white teacher reading those books: “Hey, uh, do you mind if we use the n word?”

Black student: 🤨