The "You know what?" thread

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Meanwhile, physical media still slowly declines anyway.
People have been saying that for nearly a decade, yet they keep releasing things on DVD and Blu-ray, and a few years back came out with a new physical disc format, Ultra 4K HD.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I get what you’re saying, but part of me feels like they will be gone by the middle of the 2020’s or even early 2030’s.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
digital only will never be viable unless ISPs get more generous with their internet plans. we only very recently, like within the last year, got unlimited data. And even with that unlimted data, not only is our internet throttled around the billing period, we also only get like 30 mbps, 40 mbps on a good day.

standard mbps is over 100. but where we live, we literally cannot get that.

and there are many people who have low data caps and even lower internet speeds.

so either physical media keeps going, or isps need to get better for digital only to actually work. or you know...isps just start squeezing money out of people because people have no choice but to pay more to keep up with the times :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently, they're trying to get the date of Halloween legally changed from a fixed date on October 31 to the last Saturday of October every year from now on.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
my first thought is so kids dont have to trick or treat on school nights, but that sounds too logical

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I thought that too, actually, but I dunno. Just seems weird to hear this out of the blue.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems like the works of Chuck Jones were often a bit intellectual/high brow/artsy, the kind of stuff I'd expect the academy to prefer. And yet only two of his Warner Bros, shorts (and one of his MGM shorts) won Oscars.

Friz Freleng is the one who earned Warner Bros. more Oscars for best animated short, and I'm trying to determine if his work was as intellectual as Jones'. I'm feeling maybe a step down, but I also kinda feel like he was a bit intellectual, though maybe more because he had earned the studio so many best animated short Oscars.