The "You know what?" thread

snichols1973

Reaction score
No they don't. Not once to do they say 'its off to work we go.' They're sayings 'its home from work we go.'

It's been a while since I've seen Snow White but I seem to remember that later in the movie, when the dwarves go to work, they actually do sing "it's off to work we go". But in the actual song Heigh-Ho, the line doesn't appear at all; like Sarge said, it's "home from work we go".
It's rather odd that the dwarves are singing "It's off to work we go" as they're heading home from the mines......

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
It's rather odd that the dwarves are singing "It's off to work we go" as they're heading home from the mines......
I just listened to Heigh Ho again and the dwarves clearly sang "it's home from work we go".

But later in the movie the day after they had their little party for Snow White, they can be briefly heard singing Heigh Ho again, this time on their way to work. If I'm not mistaken, this was when they sang "it's off to work we go". I can watch the movie again, just to be sure.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just listened to Heigh Ho again and the dwarves clearly sang "it's home from work we go".

But later in the movie the day after they had their little party for Snow White, they can be briefly heard singing Heigh Ho again, this time on their way to work. If I'm not mistaken, this was when they sang "it's off to work we go". I can watch the movie again, just to be sure.
You're right, they say it both ways in the movie.

snichols1973

Reaction score
You CLEARLY did not read anything we wrote :/

I turned the volume up, and it turns out I was mistaken about my earlier post after listening to it a second time; I haven't been able to find the scene (if it exists) where the dwarfs head off to work on Youtube......

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I can't believe I misheard that lyric (even though it was sung the way I remember later in the film). But it wouldn't be the first song lyric I misheard (I had thought that "the lollipop guild" from The Wizard of Oz was "the lollipop kids", and it is common for people to mishear certain song lyrics). But I had "known" that line as "off to work" before I had even seen Snow White, and I'm pretty sure everytime I saw that clip was from the first "Heigh Ho" sequence. Maybe I'd heard others sing it incorrectly.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When Bill Murray hosted Saturday Night Live in season 6, during the cold open he told the seasons cast "I saved the original cast, and I'll save you!"

However, most of the cast was fired before the next episode (which was the last of the season). Bill Murray didn't save most of the season 6 cast.