The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why is this turning into yet another questions about anything thread?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I think people are missing the point of this thread.

You know what? It's before midnight and I'm going to sleep.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I think this thread is for strange realizations you just had, like the "Sudden Clarity Clarence" meme.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But seriously, re-reading Jaz's original post, if this thread is for our sudden realizations, I think that's pretty much what I started the "Learn Something New Everyday" thread for.

snichols1973

Reaction score
On August 1, 1981, MTV was launched with the Buggles' "Video Killed the Radio Star" as its first music video.

Dire Straits' "Money For Nothing" video would give birth to the "I Want My MTV" catchphrase.

By the mid-1990's, MTV would jump the shark and be a shadow of its former self, and one could even say that "reality killed the video star"......

Nowadays, it seems like more people would probably watch music videos on the Internet and/or their mobile media devices.....

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In Disney World, just about every character has someome representing them in a walkaround costume- Mickey, Goofy, Buzz Lightyear, etc., even Mater. But no Bambi.

I remember reading a long time ago, I think the website was called Disney Ever Notice?, that the only characters from The Lion King to have walk-around versions are Timon and Rafiki (really? he's one of my least-favorite characters from the movie) because they are the only ones who walk on two legs, but that doesn't stop them from having walk-arounds of Pluto or Eeyore.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Weird Al Yankovic's "Al-TV" specials introduced the world to Harvey the Wonder Hamster, as well as the "Harvey the Wonder Hamster" song (not sure which one introduced the song... I've been watching some of the early ones on YouTube and the song wasn't featured). Alapalooza is the album that features the song. And Alapalooza is one of Weird Al's few albums to NOT get promoted with an AL-TV special.