The "You know what?" thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, the woods in the backyard of my old house are FILLED with those little buggers. I basically have to avoid woods walking until I can wear pants again. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Oh yeah, and frogs, too.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Pretty sad how there are numerous women out there who deal with creeps like this on a regular basis:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Pretty sad how there are numerous women out there who deal with creeps like this on a regular basis:

I know good looking women get catcalls while walking past construction sites and such.
Yes, many men are pigs, and say some inappropriate stuff.
But some can be sincere in complimenting them on their dress, hair, etc.
There is a difference between “That’s a nice dress” and “Hey, baby! You and me!”.

If you’re dressed nicely, hair done nice, that sends one message. But walking around with cleavage hanging out, pants so low your tramp stamp is showing, and more makeup than KISS, that sends a message too.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh yeah, for sure. Genuine appropriate comments are always a big plus. But still, doing it while a woman is walking on the streets can unfortunately still potentially cause some red flags with them, because they’re walking past a complete stranger that they don’t know what they’re capable of doing. If it were in a spot like let’s say a check out cashing are at a store I’d say that’d be a little more safe to do so.

However, I will have to respectfully disagree with the comment about clothing and makeup. I understand where you’re coming from and I agree there are definitely areas women should be a bit considerate of how appropriately they’re dressed up, but men still need to learn regardless of how a woman is dressed, making these kinds of inappropriate comments just because of how they look can still bite them right back in the *** and put them at fault for it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's like I said back when it happened: I don't think Ariana Grande was exactly dressed tastefully for Aretha Franklin's funeral (and yes, I was targeted for that opinion), but at the same time, it was no reason or excuse for that pastor to get all touchy-feely with her.

Still, if she wanted to dress like that at one of her concerts, at a party, or out socializing, more power to her, but she could've classed it up a little bit more than she did for somebody's funeral.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
(and yes, I was targeted for that opinion)
Yeah, big word of advice, best not to bring stuff like that up when it comes to situations involving inappropriate movements or sexual harassment. It can come off as victim blaming, regardless of what your intention behind the comment is.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It's like I said back when it happened: I don't think Ariana Grande was exactly dressed tastefully for Aretha Franklin's funeral (and yes, I was targeted for that opinion), but at the same time, it was no reason or excuse for that pastor to get all touchy-feely with her.

Still, if she wanted to dress like that at one of her concerts, at a party, or out socializing, more power to her, but she could've classed it up a little bit more than she did for somebody's funeral.
Exactly. At a funeral men are expected to wear dark suits. You don’t show up in a Speedo.
Same with women. At a formal ceremony like a funeral or wedding, you’re not there to draw attention to yourself.

I had a coworker in the 90s when I worked at Penney’s. I was 23, was 40, married with a kid. Anytime a pretty lady came in the store, he’d practically be drooling. And he would tell me in great detail what he’d like to do with her. Never mind he’s married. His behavior was disgusting and embarrassing. If am any woman knew what he was thinking, they’d have every right to slap him.

And he was COYOTE UGLY!!!!! Big hairy guy with a bald head and a mustache that took up half his face.
And this stinky cologne he bathed in. And he still thought he was a chick magnet.