The "You know what?" thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I can easily say this from watching this clip of World’s Strictest Parents, this gentleman and I would NOT get along whatsoever:

Also, Jesus h Christ the mom clearly destroyed her voice from smoking so many cigarettes.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
So I can easily say this from watching this clip of World’s Strictest Parents, this gentleman and I would NOT get along whatsoever:

Also, Jesus h Christ the mom clearly destroyed her voice from smoking so many cigarettes.
Actually both kids got off light. My parents would not go easy on them at all.

I was, to a degree, that teenage rebel too. But parents (good parents) are trying to protect you from getting into trouble, but you have to realize there are consequences when you make bad choices.

The absolute worst thing you can do is lie to your parents. So help you, they’ll nail you to the wall.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
For sure. I mean watching how heated things got in that video (and a few other clips from that episode) pretty much reminded me of myself with my dad when I was in my late teens. We used to get into arguments so easily (it didn’t help with the fact that his temper can get pretty short and I was in that teenage phase of “what do my parents know!”).

The dad was also a cop in NY for 23 years, and something tells me if he were still one today and he pulled me over and noticed I was high, I’d be in some serious ****.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have had the Marx Brothers on my mind quite a bit lately, been watching several of the movies as well as having recently subscribed to the Marx Brothers Council podcast.

One thing I've been thinking about, that was discussed on the podcast at least, is that Chico Marx gets discussed and celebrated less than Groucho and Harpo. And I think I do care a bit more about Gummo and Zeppo more than Chico (should I be named Minor Marx?).

Gummo left the group while they were only performing on vaudeville, before they started film, so there's not really film or audio examples of his work, and Zeppo didn't get much to do in the movies he was in (I find myself wondering if he got any dialogue in Animal Crackers) and retired from the group after five films. But these facts do get me thinking more about them - what was Gummo like? What would life be like if Gummo and Zeppo appeared together on stage or in film? What if Zeppo did more in the films? Would he have eventually been a bigger part of the films if he remained part of the gang? And I've seen different theories on why Zeppo left.

I also wonder, should Harpo have eventually spoken? I know, he did talk when the group began performing, and there's some debate over whether he sang "Sweet Adeline" with the group in Monkey Business. Often in films when there's a character who's primarily silent, they tend to end up getting a word, maybe as a joke or the characters reacting in shock that they can talk, I wonder if Harpo should have gotten a line a film, maybe with some kind of gimmick (like starting to talk and getting interrupted after just a few words).

Blue Frackle

Reaction score

The dad taking the pictures off the wall is hilarious. You have to wonder if this stuff is staged.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Some of the interviews with the kids and adults definitely suggests it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, if I'm being perfectly honest, this week could have been so much better . . . I was really looking forward to enjoying this week, but it was really, really disappointing, so now I'm really bummed about it.

And no, it has nothing to do with the temps, because a majority of this whole month has actually been below average for the most part.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I gotta be honest, I’ve watched “NTV” so many times in its original full color airing that it now feels strange watching the cutscenes in monochrome. 😂

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was never too active on Instagram, even though they usually emailed notifications on a weekly basis regarding activity I had unread notifications (usually Thursday or Friday, for some reason).

Well, I decided I need to be more active on Instagram and try to post something new each week, even if it's like a TBT or FBF kind of thing . . . and now Instagram isn't emailing me anymore, lol. But then again, as I mentioned in another thread, notifications in general haven't been working anymore the last couple of weeks I logged in.