The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can't believe here it is February, and some people are still just now receiving Christmas cards and such that I sent out two weeks before Christmas!

Yes I can. Drumpf slowed down the mail back in the fall to discourage people from voting by mail, so of course, nobody's going to do anything about it to fix it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I have no problems at all if people want children, but honestly, I can easily say this is something that will never change for me.

While I work well with kids (I have helped out with teacher’s kids in my high school in the day care areas as a shop class and have watched over my cousin’s kids), I just don’t want to have any of my own and I know that will never change.

I just don’t feel mentally stable taking care of them, and frankly this is one of my biggest fears when it comes to finding someone I fall in love with - my potential wife wanting to become a mother. Even by the time I’m 40 or 50 I don’t want children in my life. The most I could go for far as becoming a father myself is raising a dog or cat. That I could handle. But a child? No. I don’t like the idea of having to make so many sacrifices or having to save up money to pay for their education if I have the option.

I also speak as someone who had to take care of a plastic child at the age of 18 when I was in 11th grade. It was a big wake up call for me.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I can understand that. My wife and I never had our own kids, but we had a hand in raising a few.
We never had to make big decisions for them, but make sure their chores are done, their homework is done, they are, that deal.

Being an uncle is fun. I don’t spoil my niece and nephew, but we can do the fun things, like take them out for ice cream. Sometimes when the parents are strict, Uncle Brian can indulge them a little. I get to be the Cool Uncle!

We’ve been married twenty years, we never had kids.

But we had a lot of fun trying🥶🥶🥶

cjd874

Reaction score
Honestly, I look forward to having a family in the future (a wife, a dog, and a child or two). As a teacher, I think I work well with kids...perhaps even better than with adults. And I've talked with friends who are the same age that are now homeowners, with partners and pets, and they've given me some good advice about it all.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The fact that Craig McCracken wants to do a live action/puppet movie of Foster's with JHC kind of makes me cringe.

But, like I should talk - I'm sure Jerry would be interested in the fact I've played with the idea of adapting my VAMPIRE GIRL webcomic into a live action short film (with Steve D'Monster as a lemony storyteller), even though I have no idea who I'd cast as the title character.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Something tells me my attraction to that character is going to haunt me for the rest of my life. :shifty:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean, it's best not to cross any boundaries with somebody who possesses supernatural powers, or could, y'know, bite you.