The "You know what?" thread

Misskermie

Reaction score
So, I guess we all could put our sudden realizations here.

Mine:

They say the early bird gets the worm, but...
Slow and steady wins the race...
:/

charlietheowl

Reaction score
90s bands are starting to be considered Classic Rock. Makes me feel old.
I heard Creed once on my area's "classic/hard rock" station and wanted to drive my car into the nearest telephone pole. Creed is not a band that anyone should have to listen to anymore.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I already said this in the "you ever notice... and what's the deal?" thread, but I think it should be said here.

In the song 1985, they say that the woman's "two kids, in high school, tell her that she's uncool, 'cause she's still preoccupied with 1985". But at the time the song came out, wasn't 1980s nostalgia considered cool by then? Why would high school students find someone obsesses with the 1980s uncool?

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I already said this in the "you ever notice... and what's the deal?" thread, but I think it should be said here.

In the song 1985, they say that the woman's "two kids, in high school, tell her that she's uncool, 'cause she's still preoccupied with 1985". But at the time the song came out, wasn't 1980s nostalgia considered cool by then? Why would high school students find someone obsesses with the 1980s uncool?
I always thought the kids thought she was uncool because she was really obsessing over the '80s and is living in the past too much, similar to Uncle Rico in Napoleon Dynamite.